29 weeks - baby not growing

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melissam

Re : 29 weeks - baby not growing

Postby melissam » Sun Jun 25, 2006 09:53 pm

Jennifer,

I didn't realize you were scheduled for Aug 4. So am I. I am also really hoping to make it that far. I am hoping for great things for us both. [;)]

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 09:48 pm

Jennifer,
Not much to say but I had my son at 29 weeks weighing 1 lb. 9.2 oz. and he's fine and your baby is already 2 lb. 15 oz.. Don't worry things will be fine.

jjohnston

Postby jjohnston » Wed Jun 21, 2006 04:27 pm

Thanks so much for all your advice.. it is very reassuring! I have another ultrasound on Friday, so we will see. He is scheduled to be delivered at 36 weeks by c-section, August 4th. Hopefully we can keep that date!

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Tue Jun 20, 2006 09:59 pm

My peris would only measure growth every three weeks, and were very strict about that. Any sooner would not be reliable because of the variances that can be caused by the technician and the fact that babies grow in spurts. I wouldn't worry.

orrobbins

Postby orrobbins » Tue Jun 20, 2006 04:19 pm

Both my OB and peri told me that we should really compare growth over a couple of weeks due to growth spurts as someone mentioned above. With my DD, we would see a growth rate of 1oz one week, and then 14 oz the next. It was truly stressful! I know it's a stressful thing, but just wait and see what happens at the next couple of BPPs/growth checks. You might be surprised.
Good luck to you!
(btw... all this started at about 30 wks with me...)

akemt

Postby akemt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 am

In my last pregnancy we checked my AFI's every week but the doctor only checked baby's growth every other week, she said there would be so little change on a week to week basis to really counteract any varriances in the baby's position, technician measurements, etc.

I too would want those BPP's to keep coming...and NST's if you've started getting reactive ones yet (29 weeks can be a bit early). And, one of the best check-ups for the babe that you can do at home are your kick counts. If you haven't started them yet, it may be wise for you to get into a routine now.

I too hope it was just the down-side after/before a growth spurt. Best wishes,

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 am

Also, there can be differences in ultrasounds. I would be more worried safter another ultrasound, but if you OB isn't worried yet, try not to worry yourself - I know hard!!

As for growth, lying on your left side is supposed to get the best flow to baby. Also, I have heard of women having their OB's tell them to up their calories.

Best to you!! and baby too.

Joy

heather h

Postby heather h » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:18 am

I know my son stopped growing in the very end. He was always 2 weeks ahead of growth and then started slowing down and stopped - I'm glad they induced me when they did just in case.
Just push to make sure they keep track of it by doing Bio-physical profiles and growth checks. Gotta keep an eye on that little one and be safe.
Take Care - keep us posted.. I'll be sending lots of prayers that everything goes just fine for you..

melissam

Postby melissam » Tue Jun 20, 2006 08:52 am

Don't babies go through periods of growth spurts as well? Perhaps you were just a day early for your spurt???? We can always hope right? [;)]

I hope he gets growing soon. I will send you some of my growing tendancies as mine seems to be packing it on rather well this time. I could stand for her to slow it down a bit. [;)]

Sending many hugs and a LOT of growing vibes for your sweet baby.

ekc

Postby ekc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 05:03 am

This time around at 31 weeks my son started to look small for gest. age. I am now 36 weeks and he is definitely a few weeks behind, but I haven't shown any signs of PE. He just has IUGR. I have been going for NSTs 2x per week and blood flow is still looking good. I go tomorrow and then I have another u/s to check for growth and dopplers. If growth doesn't look good then they are going to induce. Anyway, you may not develop the PE again, but just have the IUGR at some point. Hopefully, neither develops and the baby will keep growing! They put me on carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and ice cream. My dr. said it helps to put weight on babies.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”