Bad news?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
robertmyangel

Re : Bad news?

Postby robertmyangel » Wed Aug 29, 637668 8:05 pm

I also had a hematoma/hemorrage with Robert in the beginning of my pregnancy. I thought it was my cycle, but after bleeding for 2 weeks I went to my pcp and she did a blood test, and thats when i found out I was pregnant... I went to my OB and they also did an US, they kept a close eye on me and scheduled my appointments very close at the beginning to monitor the baby's growth. I bleed for 2 1/2 months, but the baby looked fine. I was told to take it easy and eventually it went away... I hope that they keep monitoring you closely and I'll keep praying for you.

robertmyangel

Postby robertmyangel » Wed Aug 29, 637668 8:03 pm

I also had a hematoma/hemorrage with Robert in the beginning of my pregnancy. I thought it was my cycle, but after bleeding for 2 weeks I went to my pcp and she did a blood test, and thats when i found out I was pregnant... I went to my OB and they also did an US, they kept a close eye on me and scheduled my appointments very close at the beginning to monitor the baby's growth. I bleed for 2 1/2 months, but the baby looked fine. I was told to take it easy and eventually it went away... I hope that they keep monitoring you closely and I'll keep praying for you.

jwalker327

Postby jwalker327 » Wed Aug 29, 637668 6:52 pm

I had the same thing with Alabama. They did the 1st u/s @ 9wks and the baby was fine but it looked as though I had a sac and a buldge in my uterus. The dr said for me to expect some spotting and I never did. But I sure hope everything is a ok with you little bundle :o).

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Wed Aug 29, 637668 4:32 pm

Cathy, I had the same thing early on in my pregnancy--scared the heck out of me, especially since I'd already had 2 miscarriages. We went in for an ultrasound, and Gabe looked just great. Let me know how you're doing. I'll be thinking about you! Hang in there!

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Tue Aug 28, 637668 4:20 pm

I had this same problem when I was pregnant..... however I miscarried. Here is what the doctor told me.... it will either miscarry or it will heal itself. It sounds like you may be on your way to healing. I think I miscarried because I had the "big bleed" that lori was referencing in her post at a time that was critical in the development of the pregnancy. My bleed happened at a time when the baby should have been starting to develop and I think my bleed/tear interrupted that process. I never saw a baby because it never developed. I would have a positive outlook knowing that the baby has developed. Good luck and keep us posted

katevans

Postby katevans » Tue Aug 28, 637668 3:12 pm

Last Wednesday was when I had the bleeding. It was light pink, and I did not have any cramping. OB said if it happens again I will be on bedrest for a little bit. The hemmorage/ hematoma/ bleed is the same thing Lori, I hope I have as good as an outcome :)

Cathy--PE and HELLP
Kiatlyn 12/16/05-01/05/06
#2 EDD 2/5/2007 :)

lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Aug 18, 637668 2:17 pm

I cant remeber if thats what we were told we had with Sebanna early on or not, but it turned out to be nothing, good luck and keep us updated.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sat Aug 18, 637668 11:40 am

Well not sure if what I had was the same thing, but I was told at 7 weeks on the nose that I had a subchorionic hemmorage. I had some pretty heavy spotting that went on for several days on and off and then one day it was like a darn flood gate...I knew it was over..went to the ob and he found the heartbeat right away and sent me for a detailed u/s and that's where they discovered the s/c hemmorage. I just had to take it easy for a bit. They can put a pregnancy in danger but it sounds like if you had one bleed that yours perhaps resolved. That's what happened with mine. I researched it online and found that in a lot of cases you have a "big bleed" and that's all there is to it. How long ago was the bleeding?

katevans

Bad news?

Postby katevans » Sat Aug 18, 637668 6:00 am

Went in today for my 8 week c/u. After expaining that I had one episode of bleeding, we did an ultrasound and the baby looks great, heart rate was 148, but I do have a subchorionic hematona. Has anyone else had one of these?

Cathy--PE and HELLP
Kaitlyn 12/16/05-01/05/06
#2 EDD 2/5/2007

Return to “Pregnant Again?”