PE and morning sickness

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heatedheart

Re : PE and morning sickness

Postby heatedheart » Fri Jul 21, 2006 08:48 am

Hi

I had really bad M/S too...it felt as though it lasted forever, but thankfully not throughout my whole pregnancy. It was soo bad I actually ended up losing 15 pounds. I'm PG with my second now, 5 weeks and I hope that the M/S doesn't come on too strong. The past three days I've been experiencing feelings of "gutt rot" (doesn't that sound lovely). [V] I think it is an early sign of what is to come. I can see some crackers in my future. [:D]

michayla79

Postby michayla79 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 09:40 pm

No morning sickness this time but all of my other pg's it was awful and I could hardly get out of bed. and my worst pg was my third one and the morning sickness lasted until about 29 wks and she was born at 32 wks

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Thu Jul 20, 2006 07:36 pm

With my son I had no morning sickness, with Victoria I had it all the time and with this one I have had nauseau pretty badly. Interesting question

heather renee

Postby heather renee » Thu Jul 20, 2006 06:06 pm

I didn't have any morning sickness with my first one, when the pe and hellp was the worst. I had a some with my 2nd, the pe wasn't as bad that time. With this last one I had morning sickness most of the pregnancy but no pe.

riya28

Postby riya28 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 04:22 pm

i have been getting nauseas moreso during this pregnancy...usally when i brush my teeth and usually after 4 pm.
i can't take the smell of certain spices, onions gross me out and now my nausea is hitting me later in the nite right before i go to bed.
i am 12 and 1/2 weeks....i hope that this subsides soon...just feel icky in the late afternoon to early evening.
my dr. says that it is because of the high level of progesterone...which should hopefully subside soon!
let's pray!

tracey

Postby tracey » Thu Jul 20, 2006 01:59 pm

Funny you should ask this. I just posted a question about any possible links between pe and morning sickness in "Ask the Experience"!
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17652

mel h.

Postby mel h. » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:21 am

Interesting question – I had horrible morning sickness with Ashley, my PE pregnancy, and it was because my OB said my Hcg levels were abnormally high, which went along with her theory that my pregnancy was in bad shape from the beginning with an abnormal placenta, etc., etc.
'With this pregnancy, my Hcg levels were normal, actually on the low side, and I only had minimal nausea for a few weeks in my first trimester, and never actually threw up. The difference in how I feel with this pregnancy and my first pregnancy is amazing, and so far, PE free.

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 01:45 am

I had horrible morning sickness with Sebastian I couldnt even get out of bed and threw up so much, smells made me barf sights it seemed everything did, with Sebanna I had morning sickness as well and it was pretty bad, this time I had it semi bad as well.

celticepona

PE and morning sickness

Postby celticepona » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:19 pm

hellooo...just sticking my nose in this section, but just curious...how many of us who have or have had PE experienced morning sickness as well. I had it HORRIBLE....I can still feel it to this day....certian songs or smell brings back those sicky feelings even two years later. Is anyone now going through morning sickness? (mine was 24-7 for about 8 months...I had a couple of weeks in my 5th month that weren't too bad.)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”