Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Kaysmom (Jeanette)...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Kaysmom (Jeanette)...

Postby akemt » Mon Jan 05, 2004 03:22 pm

by akemt (4961 Posts), Mon Jan 05, 2004 03:22 pm

Just wondering how things are going and looking for an update! Has your BP been behaving itself? How far along are you now?

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Re : Kaysmom (Jeanette)...

Postby kaysmom » Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:04 pm

by kaysmom (11 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:04 pm

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for keeping track of me. I had a little scare last weekend when I started getting contractions. Just a few an hour but scary nontheless since I was only 21 weeks. One of the first signs that something was really wrong with me during my last pregnancy (besides the major swelling) was that I started having contractions at 29 weeks and then was diagnosed with PE the next week. So needless to say I freaked out when I started having contractions this time. I have been taking my BP at home every morning and it has been great. So I was pretty sure I wasn't getting PE yet . . .
Turns out after a trip to the hospital that I had a bladder/UT infection. Not fun but certainly a relief to have a reason for the contractions. I have been on antibiotics for 5 days and everything is fine now. I am feeling like a walking time bomb these days though. I am 22 weeks now and at 24 weeks my dr wants me to start coming in every week for check ups. It is so hard to believe that everything will be just fine this time after our experience last time. It is great to read about other women who have had much better pregnancies the second time. How are you feeling? Take Care,

Jeanette
DD 3-28-01 31wk severe PE
#2 EDD 5-16-03
kaysmom

Re : Kaysmom (Jeanette)...

Postby sweetiesuzy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:55 pm

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:55 pm

Jeanette,
Glad things are going along well so far for you. Sorry to hear about yout UTI. Those are a nasty pain the rear while pregnant, but at least a valid, solvable reason for the contractions... thank goodness [:)] Life and pregnancy is such an amazing journey. I will keep you in thought and prayer for the duration of your pregnancy. I just know that everything will work out. Anniversary times of tragedy can be so difficult. You are strong and you will make it through!

Take care and keep us up to date!

Hugs,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Return to Pregnant Again?