20 weeks and starting to stress

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
nicoleharrison

Re : 20 weeks and starting to stress

Postby nicoleharrison » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:03 pm

Although I have no idea what it is like to lose a child, I did deliver very early and watch my little boy suffer. He is still struggling so much due to his prematurity. I am pregnant now and have made it to 37 1/2 weeks with no signs of PE. But from 20-30 I was so scared. But you take it one day at a time and watch for the signs. Just remember that it doesn't always happen again and miracles do happen. You will be in my thoughts...

riya28

Postby riya28 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 05:11 pm

dear chelsea,
what you wrote is exactly what happened to me. we lost our child last year at 26 weeks due to severe pe. Now i am pregnant (10 months later)...and almost completing 16 weeks this sunday. my husband and i are def. worrying about week 20 and beyond. i just wanted to write and tell you that you are not alone in facing these anxieties. i feel like at this juncture when i am not working and concentrating on rest it is still so hard and there is a stress...my mood swings have been tremendous too. i cried for like 2 hours a few nites ago, due to a lot of emotinal turmoil...not knowing what is in for us is the hardest thing. also, we, for those who have decided to go for another pregnancy, are much stronger than we know. we are living day to day...and managing even with our pregnancy. it takes a lot of guts...knowing what we went through last time. i think one thing that i will do soon is seek advice from a social worker that one of my friends referred me to. maybe you would want to do the same...work with someone who deals with loss, but our kind of loss. also, some hospitals have a forum "pregnancy after loss"...you may want to look into that too. i want to say take one day at a time and breathe...we are here and try to think positive, though trust me i know it is very HARD!!! i hope this helps...your writing helped me just to know that you are around sharing the same feelings as me. i am on lovenox and aspirin each day as well....it helps to know that we are doing something different this time, which from what i hear from so many PE pateints...that the lovenox has really helped!! take care of yourself.

carissa

Postby carissa » Fri Aug 11, 2006 01:03 pm

Although I do not know what it's like to lose a child, I do understand your anxiety. I'm 20 wks 5 days today. With my first, I delivered at 29 weeks due to HELLP. I, too, came close to losing my life. When I became pregnant the first time, it never once occurred to me that *I* could die for just being pregnant! I mean, come on - everyone has babies, right?! So, this pregnancy has a whole new meaning...

I have already "over-reacted" a few times and feel so utterly and stupidly paranoid. I'm just so afraid that if I miss a symptom, something horrible will happen. I also *know* I will get sick again and I hate waiting for the 'when'.

I wish I had some great advice for you, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone in your fears. I guess it's good that no one around us "understands" what this feels like... it's just so lonely this way.

Please take care and I pray you have a long, healthy, uneventful pregnancy!

for faith

Postby for faith » Wed Aug 09, 2006 03:22 pm

To tell the truth, it was very, very hard being pregnant again after my loss. I had a lot of dr appts, u/s and nst that kept me sane. I really didn't do a lot of planning with the room, clothes, etc. it just helped me. For me I just knew that PE was going to happen, it was just when. I was totally shocked when I delivered my son full-term with no PE, after PE twice, a miscarriage and a loss. All I can say it that try to remain as peaceful as possible. Just focus on that little life, it is so, so worth it when you baby is in your arms! Wishing you the best!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Aug 09, 2006 03:14 pm

I can only imagine having the anxiety about your date when you last had PE. I am sure that everyone has the same feelings and emotions that you have the in there subsequent pregnancies. I can tell from experience just a feeling of what the next time will be like! Just remember to take care of yourself and don't hesitate to come here or call your doctor! Many hugs to you!

chrismommy

20 weeks and starting to stress

Postby chrismommy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 02:19 pm

So I just had my 20 week appointment and my BP was great-119/73 and all my labs are coming back great. But I can't help but freak out. This is my first pregnancy since lossing our son. My complications with Chris came on so quick and bad at 25wks5days. We found out that I have factor V so I'm on 40 mg of Lovenox once a day. I am now 20wks5days and I'm so scared that I might have the same problems. My doctor said that at 24wks they are going to start seeing me once a week. How did you ladies do it? How did you keep your sanity while passing the date that complications started last time? Sometimes I get so depressed not knowing if we are going to bring a baby home. I almost died last time and I'm really scared of that too. I have such a hard time talking to people because they have no idea what we are going through. It's not their fault, I'm glad they don't know what it's like to loss a child. That's why I'm so glad that I found this forum. I feel like I can vent and say my feeling and you guys know what I'm talking about. Thanks for letting me get that out.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”