stress and fear is dawning

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mom2tori

Re : stress and fear is dawning

Postby mom2tori » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:35 am

The only thing I can relate to is the sleep issue. It seems that this whole pregnancy I haven't slept a full night. Most of the time I am comfortable and don't need to go to the bathroom but I lay there wide awake and either can't fall asleep or wake up for a few hours at a time in the middle of the night. I think my problem is the whole anxiety and fear stuff going through my head all the time. Even when I feel completely exhausted I still can't seem to stay asleep for the whole night..very annoying.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : stress and fear is dawning

Postby sonja » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am

I only have experience with the arm issue. It is pretty common for pregnant women to get pregnancy - induced carpel tunnel. My OB said that it was one other sign of swelling. As for sleeping, it always helped me to have lots of pillows. I hope that you can find something to ease your mind. Good luck to you.

Joy

riya28

stress and fear is dawning

Postby riya28 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 09:51 am

hi all, well i am now 16 and 1/2 weeks...and i am getting that fear of getting pe once again. i am taking lovenox and aspirin. i must say my husband gave me the shot yesterday nite and did nothing different but it hurt so bad going in. did anyone get more sensitive to the shots as time went on? though in the process of taking the shot i just started to cry...i am just praying that this helps the baby and myself. we are both checking my bp almost every other day. i am sometimes at 120/80 (esp. after the shot) and other days 110/75...weird.
also, when i get up in the morning, if my arms are bent of curled up over nite, i get little sensation in them for a couple of minutes...has this happened to anyone? i am also tossing and turning at nite...i think i get up like 6 times, aside from having to use the bathroom. sleep has not been my friend, as they say in pregnancy.
did anyone get any strange sensations during their pregnancy while on lovenox?
one of [V]my friends said that after 20 weeks she felt like a current was going from her naval to her pubic bone every so often. oh, i just wish for 30 weeks to be here already. any advice on the shots, the stress, the lack of sleep?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”