When do you stop aspirin?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
meg hanrahan

Re : When do you stop aspirin?

Postby meg hanrahan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 01:00 pm

My doctor had me stop around week 32, because Isabella came at 34 weeks and she wanted to be safe.

nborrayo

Postby nborrayo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your experience. It just makes me feel that much more prepared - I am planning (hoping) for a VBAC, and so I should be okay for another couple of weeks on the aspirin, and can ask my Dr. next week.

darcynulph

Postby darcynulph » Mon Aug 21, 2006 03:07 am

I am on baby asprin and my ob said I will take until I am 34 weeks. I have a planned c-section at 37 weeks.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Aug 21, 2006 00:04 am

I was told at my pre-pregnancy consult with my peri that once I had a positive home preg. test to start taking one baby aspirin a day-80mg.
Best of luck and have a nice long boring pregnancy :)

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Nicole, I think that the plan is to stop 2 weeks before your planned delivery date.

However, if, like me, you find yourself heading to L&D well in advance of that date, make sure that they know as soon as you get there that you have been taking the asprin. That way they can do a blood draw straight away to test your clotting. They did that with me and despite my asprin, I was clotting just fine. As they were about to perform a C-section, that was pretty heartening news!

jaymee444

Postby jaymee444 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:24 pm

I am having a csection in the morning and my dr said to stop the aspirin this past saturday.

lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 09:36 pm

My Dr said its not a huge concern and theres not really any guideline but had me stop it 1 week before delivery so at 36 wks. Good luck.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:58 pm

I had a consult with a high risk ob who said I could try daily baby aspirin. (One of my clotting factors was a little off, hopefully just due to pregnancy).

She said to go off the baby aspirin 2 weeks before delivery. So since my ob and I were planning an induction at 38 weeks to go off the aspirin at 36 weeks. Of course then we ended up inducing at 37 weeks, so I had only been off the baby aspirin for a week.

You might want to call the nurse at your doctors office tommorrow, tell her your taking aspirin and ask her when you should go off it prior to delivery. She should be able to call you back with an answer before your next appointment.

nborrayo

When do you stop aspirin?

Postby nborrayo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:02 pm

Hi all,
I forgot to ask the Dr. at my last appointment - DUH! But he may not really be aware I am taking aspirin - early on I asked about taking it and he said he did not believe it would do anything but it wouldn't hurt and go ahead if I wanted to - so I did. I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday and have no idea when to stop. I know you shouldn't be on it at the very end because of bleeding and of course I will ask at my next appointment, but just wondering when anyone else stopped or was planning to stop....?
Thanks!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”