Quenching Thirst

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Quenching Thirst

Postby sweetiesuzy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 01:18 pm

OK - I know I am not the only one in the world to have this issue, so I need reassurance from all of you!

I have been so thirsty - I mean THIRSTY! I realize that I am pregnant and nursing, but I drink constantly throughout the day and never feel as though I am quenching my thirst. My problem is that I have a hard time with drinking water all the time. It makes me feel nauseated and super full if I drink too much. I have been substituting with gaterade. My OB knows my issue and says that as long as I am not vomitting, I am hydrated enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Re : Quenching Thirst

Postby mada » Mon Jan 12, 2004 01:22 pm

When I was prego with Ben, I was constantly thirsty...I was tired of drinking water all the time too. I drank like 10 glasses a day so I made lemonade. For some reason this seemed to help quench my thirst. And it yummy[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby alimarie » Mon Jan 12, 2004 03:31 pm

Try Sugar free tang...or the real thing i guess.....the sugar free is awesome!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby suzanne » Mon Jan 12, 2004 05:53 pm

I don't get extra thristy when I'm pregnant, but when I'm nursing I get INSANELY thristy! My husband knew to bring me a huge glass of water each time I nursed. Somehow having ice cubes in water always helps me, the colder the water, the more it seems to quench my thrist. Sometimes also if I'd had so much water already it was coming out my ears, I would have a lemony hard candy instead, and that would take care of the thrist for a while. Another thing that often tastes really good to me instead of water is grapefruit juice, and it's fairly low cal too. I've never nursed and been pregnant at the same time---but I bet that could multiply the thrist! Good luck!

Suzanne (37) and DH Tony (41) + William (9, severe PE, born at 32 weeks) and Freddy (6, fairly typical pregnancy) and Baby (due approx. 8/26/04!)
suzanne

Return to Pregnant Again?