Steven Michael born VBAC - NO HELLP!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brooklynsmom

Re : Steven Michael born VBAC - NO HELLP!

Postby brooklynsmom » Sat Oct 07, 2006 04:44 pm

Awesome! Congratulations!

nborrayo

Postby nborrayo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 02:06 pm

Thank you all for your congratulations!
My Dr. is the only one in my area who will allow a VBAC, and I heard about him through a friend. He cannot say that he supports VBAC because the hospital will give him a really hard time, and he documents in your file that he recommends a repeat c-section. The difference between him and any other Dr. around here, is that he believes the decision is yours, and not the hospitals, so he just doesn't force the issue. He told us the risks (the real risks, not he hyped ones...) and then left it alone. When I was ready to go to the hospital, he called ahead and said, "I have a patient coming in. She is a previous c-section and I told her she needs another, but she has declined." They really cannot do anything about it since the "ban" is technically illegal to enforce. You have the right, as a patient, to decline procedures, and they must abide by your wishes. I was lucky to find this Dr., and happenned to go in on his day on call and so avoided any confrontations - YAY! The labor and delivery nurse I had was also VERY supportive, so I got lucky there too...
But for anyone thinking of VBAC-ing, I would recommend the website http://www.ican-online.org/ The forums can be a little extreme, but I found a lot of useful information through them. It all depends on your particular history/situation, but I know of two other women around here who have VBAC'd at the same hospital(S. CALIF), and we are all so happy with the decision :)
Good luck!!!
Oh, for those interested, I took baby aspirin and Omega-3 fatty acids throughout the pregnancy - don't know if it had any effect, but I made it HELLP and PE free.

lany

Postby lany » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:26 pm

AWESOME! Congratulations to you and your family. I'm so glad to hear that you had such a successful outcome. How did you get around the VBAC ban at your hospital?

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 07:28 pm

WOW !! CONGRATULATIONS - what a wonderful result and a big welcome to your little man.
Love Lucy

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Wed Oct 04, 2006 07:19 pm

What great news! Congratulations!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Wed Oct 04, 2006 01:21 pm

Congratulations!!! Welcome Steven Michael!

No pe or hellp?!?!!! You rock!!!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 am

Congratulations on your little one!!!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:51 am

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful experience, you give us all hope[:)].

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:51 am

Congratulations!

tommysmommy21004

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 08:53 am

Congratulations Nicole! It's so refreshing and reassuring to hear of someone who had a successful vbac and a HELLP-free pregnancy. You give me hope, Nicole! Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you found some healing. I hope to know the same experience one day myself. :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”