today's apt --probable loss

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby akemt » Sat Oct 21, 2006 03:05 am

Sorry, I had posted my follow-up to this in the G&L section as it fit better there. I'm doing fairly well and seem to be on the upward swing of things already, though the downward side wasn't by any means pleasant. Thanks for asking, Joanna, it meas a lot.

Postby mommajo » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm

I was just wondering how you are doing?

Postby heatedheart » Thu Oct 12, 2006 05:27 pm

Sending {{{Hugs}}} your way in this difficult time. I'm sorry to hear.

Postby misup » Thu Oct 12, 2006 04:34 pm

We are all thinking of you right now. Here is my experience. I was given the option of D & C or waiting to M/C at 10-12 weeks. I am not that type of person that could handle waiting for the M/C...Nor did I want the trauma of M/C ing at work. Keep in mind that this was AFTER a 2nd opinion. I had a great doc that made an appointment for me at another doctor for a 2nd opinion. He said that with this type of outcome, he insists on expectant moms to get the 2nd opinion. I thought that was great of him...

In addition, have the D & C gave my doctor the opportunity to have the tissue tested to see if we could figure out the reason for the MC, the only result was that the tissue was normal. This was actually good news for us, because we then knew that we "could" get pg. The reason for my mc was never determined. The doctor told me something that was actually comforting to me at the time. He said, "you know, if you think about the mircle of a pregnancy and "how" all the genetic make-up needs to line up perfectly, there are some times that it just simply does not line up correctly" "you will drive yourself crazy if you keep asking yourself why and what if? there is no such thing as what if? Those words did make alot of sense to me and it was comforting to me and have stuck with me forever! I wish comfort for you during your decision and know that you will make the best decision for you. Take care of yourself! Mis

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Thu Oct 12, 2006 03:59 pm

Catherine I am so sorry. I am thinking about you.

Postby brittani » Thu Oct 12, 2006 03:05 pm

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time, I will be thinking of you.

I also wanted to let you know that in the November issue of Parents magazine there is a story called " Coping with Miscarriage". I read it last week and just went back to make sure it was in fact in Parent. The woman featured gives her experience with going thru a "waiting out for the miscarriage". You may find this article helpful in making your decision. Just wanted to let you know it was out there.

Postby jdsmom » Thu Oct 12, 2006 02:02 pm

I'm sorry. I just read your post. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow you'll be surprised with some good news. Thinking of you.

Postby cindync » Thu Oct 12, 2006 09:42 am

I am so sorry that this is happening. But, maybe give it a little time, since it was a surprise, maybe the dates are off. Who knows.

I had a "blighted ovum" in 2002. I had brown spotting, and went to the doctor. I guess I was about 8 weeks. I insisted on an ultrasound, and there was no heartbeat, just an empty sac. They put me on progsterone suppositiories for a week, and I went back in, and there was still nothing--no heartbeat, so I had a D&C the next morning. I could have waited out for the miscarriage, but they told me it would be horrible, and maybe would need a D&C anyway. So I opted for the D&C.

The problem with the blighted ovum, is that your HCG levels will continue to rise, slowly, that is what mine did, I did have a few blood draws in that week, and it did rise, so I do not know how long it would have gone on before I miscarried on my own. So there is that to look at.

Now, with Aiden, they could not find the hearbeat at 6 weeks, or anything, and I knew the date of conception. They diagnosed me with blighted ovum, or very early of pregnancy to tell. I have a very tilted uterus. i went every few days, and finally there was a hearbeat, and now we have Aiden!

I hope you are one of the lucky ones, and it turns out OK.

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 09:07 am

I'm sorry Catherine. (((hugs)))

Postby amym » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:36 pm

So sorry to see this news. I'm hoping you are surprised with good news when your test comes back. Never give up hope. I had spotting and cramping for seven weeks with my daughter and she hung on.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”