today's apt --probable loss

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
first time
Registered User
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 637677 2:39 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby first time » Sat Feb 19, 637678 11:03 am

dont give up until you get final results. stay postive[:)]i know its hard. sorry [:X]

Registered User
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 637348 9:55 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby paige_va » Sat Feb 19, 637678 7:44 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your possible loss. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, and praying that it's simply too early yet. Please let us know how your tests come out. We're here for you.

Registered User
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 637662 8:39 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby michelle_chandler » Sat Feb 19, 637678 12:10 am

Oh no Catherine, I am so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.


meg hanrahan
Registered User
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 636730 2:09 am

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby meg hanrahan » Sat Feb 19, 637678 12:02 am

Catherine - I can't help you with the D&C decision: my only miscarriage was spontaneous. But I'll pray for you and hope that all goes well regardless of the outcome.

Registered User
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 637671 5:43 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby lalam17 » Fri Feb 18, 637678 8:20 pm

I am so sorry for what you are going through. By this time, an intravaginal US should definitely show a fetal pole, and likely a heartrate. It sounds like a blighted ovum. I wish you the best. In my case, we saw the fetal pole and a heart beat, but the it was only 54bpm. (anything less than 90 at 6weeks is considered slow, 120 is closer to normal at that time) I knew at that very moment that this pregnancy would end in miscarraige. I decided to "wait it out." I didn't want the trauma of instrumentation, especially after the way we lost our son. Two days after the US I started spotting. The spotting came and went for a few days. Every time I started spotting, I would grieve and relive the loss, then, when it stopped, I would regain some hope that maybe, just maybe my baby would be ok. It was definitely a big head game, full of unending uncertanity and anxiety. Finally, 6 days after the ultrasound I started bleeding as heavy as a period and having horrible cramps. This continued for about 12 hours. At that point the bleeding really picked up. I was bleeding so heavily at that point that I had to go to the hospital for a suction currettage. I didn't need to be dilated b/c my cervix was already dilated 1.5 cm. I didn't use anesthesia, but only a small dose of IV morphine. The proceedure was very very painful, but was over quickly. Within an hour my bleeding was minimal. It's been only a few days since my proceedure, and I am still bleeding lightly, but the cramping is completely gone and the bleeding is very light. Some women find it more traumatic to experience the bleeding and cramping, while for others it is worse to be instrumented. With the proceedure, you can expect quick relief. Waiting it out can lead to weeks of bleeding and cramping. Of course, both waiting it out and D&C have their risks. If you wait it out, you may have to have a D&C anyway b/c of heavy bleeding or retained tissue. With both you have a risk of infection, which can lead to intrauterine scaring-which can decrease future fertility. With the proceedure, there is the remote risk of perforating the uterus and other internal organs (this is really really rare-I have never seen it happen, but they always include it in the risks). Also, if you have numerous cervical dilations, you run the risk of future cervical incompetence, which can lead to late losses if a cervical cerclage is not placed. I don't think you can make a wrong decision at this point. However, if you were to start bleeding heavily, you would likely need the D&C. I know that as soon as I started bleeding heavily, I felt relief because the uncertainty was over.

Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 637665 12:30 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby chubbiesmom » Fri Feb 18, 637678 2:57 pm

My prayers are with you. I too hope that it was too early. Try to think positive until you have confirmation. If it does turn out bad, with my experience I would choose a D & C over waiting for nature to runs it's course. It's too stressful to deal with a lose, and then not know when your body is going to deal with it. After my d & c, my body and mind felt this huge sense of relief as I was waiting at first to see if my body would do it on it's own until I started hemorraghing(bad spelling sorry) in my kitchen and had to go to the hospital for a d & c anyways.

Hugs to you


Registered User
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 637038 7:15 am

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby mom2tori » Fri Feb 18, 637678 10:40 am

I am sorry Catherine. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Registered User
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 637665 9:11 am

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Feb 18, 637678 9:44 am

Thinking of you! Hang in there!

Registered User
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat May 14, 637672 8:41 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby mommajo » Fri Feb 18, 637678 9:42 am

Catharine you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get some good news.

Forum Moderator
Posts: 5658
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 637015 3:13 am

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby sonja » Fri Feb 18, 637678 9:23 am

Whatever the outcome we will all be here for you - but you know that! You are in my thoughts, I am hoping for the best.


Return to “Pregnant Again?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests