Anyone take Aldomet

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heidilarosa

Re : Anyone take Aldomet

Postby heidilarosa » Thu Mar 22, 637973 1:25 am

I was on Aldomet 4X daily prescribed by my PCP. My peri took me off from it because it was not working for one and it was making me EXTREMELY tired !! I was on it for 2 months and gained 10 lbs ! I was not retaining water due to the fact I was able to stay on my H-Clorothide. I would ask your Peri if you can continue the fluid pill ???

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Sat Sep 30, 637972 4:29 am

I agree, call your doc.

I was on aldomet, 3x daily for over a month (I forget the dose, but know that my ob first put me on 1x daily and the peri bumped it up immediately). I was very swollen all the time, so I don't know that it was from the medicine or not.

Alice

jenhaus

Postby jenhaus » Sat Sep 30, 637972 1:30 am

I def would let your doctor know. I am taking Aldomet 1500 mg/day as well as Procardia and Labetalol. I haven't had increased swelling from the meds but from the blood pressure and the disease process from it. How are your pressures?

duchess

Postby duchess » Fri Sep 29, 637972 9:50 pm

I will definitely bring the weight gain up with my doc. I have an appointment this afternoon. I've been exhausted too, but I just assumed it was due to being pregnant. I'm on 500mg four times a day right now.

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Fri Sep 29, 637972 7:31 pm

Hi Ashley,
I would definitely call your doctor about your weight gain. I'm on 250 mg, twice a day. The only side effect I noticed was drowsiness (only lasted for the first week or so).

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Fri Sep 29, 637972 6:54 pm

I started on it about 3 weeks ago and I have had some swelling and weight gain but I'm not sure I can contribute that to the medicine. I was gaining before I started taking it and swelling could be just a symptom of pregnancy or could indicate preeeclampsia is ramping up. I know that isn't much help to you. I did notice a bad headache a couple days after I started it and it did go away without any further headaches. Headaches are a side effect of the medicine as well. At first I thought it was a BP headache but my BP was low. 8 pounds seems like an awful lot to gain in a few days. I would call your doctor in your shoes.

hutced

Postby hutced » Fri Sep 29, 637972 1:41 pm

No fluid retention here, I am on 1500mg and all it does to me is make me very tired. Good luck

duchess

Anyone take Aldomet

Postby duchess » Fri Sep 29, 637972 11:26 am

My doctor just put me on Aldomet Monday and I've gained about 8 pounds since then. I read that one of the side effects is fluid retention and I've also just stopped taking my fluid pill. So I'm hoping these are the reasons I've gained so much so fast. I've been drinking at least 100 ounces of water a day, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Did anyone else have a weight gain issue with this med?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”