round ligament pain

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hutced

Re : round ligament pain

Postby hutced » Wed Mar 21, 637973 10:45 pm

Jana, I totally understand, not the triplets, but I am so paranoid about everything this pregnancy and this is # 3, you think I would know by now what is "normal" and what is not. I am so afraid something will go wrong that its hard to just enjoy this LAST pregnancy. Hang in there and let us know how you feel and what the dr says. **Hugs**

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Mar 21, 637973 7:50 pm

Thanks for the replies. My peri is an hour away and I felt like that was a long way to go to pee in a cup! I ended up making an appointment with my internist to check me for a UTI (which was negative). He felt my stomach and didn't think I was contracting and he had a doppler, so we heard the baby's heartbeat. So basically, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I slept much better last night and actually feel a little better today.

The NP at my peri's office also said that the discomfort could also be coming from adhesions in my uterus because of my two surgeries (abdominal cerclage and c-section) which happened within three months of one another and weren't all that long ago.

I'll see how the morning goes and if things flare up again, I'll head down to my peri this afternoon for a check. Otherwise I go back a week from today for a regular appointment. I guess after my traumatic and difficult triplet pregnancy, my first assumption is that something is wrong. I guess that's what happens when you have no idea what "normal" is!

Thanks again to all of you!

kris21225

Postby kris21225 » Wed Mar 21, 637973 5:49 pm

I'm due a week after you and I've had the same thing. They come and go. Not always at night, but it's very uncomfortable and freaks me out. I was afraid I was having contractions, but I tried to tell myself it was ligaments stretching or maybe b/h contractions

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Sun Mar 11, 637973 6:28 pm

Hi! I remember asking my doctor about the pain all the time. He insisted it was normal and nothing to worry about.

Did you get to the doc this afternoon? I hope all continues to go well!!!

Alice

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Sun Mar 11, 637973 1:20 pm

Hi Jana,
I've also had round ligament pains, and much sharper this time than last. They seemed to be worst when I was getting up from bed or a chair. They've tapered off for me now. I'm hoping all is ok with you. As you said, better safe than sorry.

jana m

Postby jana m » Sat Mar 10, 637973 2:25 pm

Thanks so much. I will probably go into my doc this afternoon, just to rule out a UTI and make sure everything else is okay. Better safe than sorry.

bhesseling

Postby bhesseling » Sat Mar 10, 637973 2:08 pm

Jana,

We are due w/in days of each other and I could've written your post. I had the exact same pains the other day. I was worried that I was going into labor b/c they felt like contractions. They went away w/in a few hrs but then like you said, I started feeling her move around like crazy. It even felt diff - like more sharp movements rather than dull kicks. I felt like I was feeling every little thing! That has also eventually subsided and everything is back to normal.

Hope that helps...

hutced

Postby hutced » Sat Mar 10, 637973 12:13 pm

Jana, I too had/have ligament pain off and on this pregnancy. It is the worst at night when I roll over, It sends a shock of pain through my entire lower abd. I hope that is all it is for you. Let us know what the dr says.

jana m

round ligament pain

Postby jana m » Sat Mar 10, 637973 11:47 am

Has anyone experienced round ligament pain? I have a lot of pain and soreness in my groin (sorry if TMI) and hip area and I'm hoping that it is ligament pain and not PTL contractions (I am 21w today).

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night due to this pain. It even hurt to roll over and I don't know if this is relevant, but I felt the baby moving around like crazy during the night.

I have already put in a call to my doctor, but I thought I would ask all of you.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”