Trip to hospital (sorry for the book)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amym

Re : Trip to hospital (sorry for the book)

Postby amym » Mon Jun 11, 637973 4:53 am

What an ordeal, but glad to hear your tests were better. Hope your BP stays down and that you can take it easy so you can make it to full term. Just another week! You're right behind me -- I hope!

lmc2677

Postby lmc2677 » Thu May 31, 637973 7:02 pm

Oh my. What a busy time you've had! No fun. But, I'm glad to hear things look okay. I'm sure it's still stressful however with all the tests, etc... Try to rest as much as you can and keep us posted on how things go.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Thu May 31, 637973 6:28 pm

Oh my goodness! What a couple of days you've had. It's good that your doc was monitoring you really close and that all came back okay with your labs. Keep those toes propped up! Hang in there you don't have much longer. I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little one!

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Thu May 31, 637973 3:11 am

Oh, a CBC measures the components of the blood... so red blood cells, white blood cells, hemaglobin, hematocrit, platelets, etc. They look at the platelets when risk of PE and HELLP.

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Thu May 31, 637973 3:08 am

Oh wow! What a day! I'm sorry you went through all of that... but glad you are feeling better and that your labs look good now. You're getting so close! I hope you have a safe and healthy L&D and remaining few weeks of your pregnancy.

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Thu May 31, 637973 3:02 am

Actually maybe someone else can give give us a good explanantion about what a CBC is. From what I gather it measures your white blood cell count. Which can show if your is body fighting off something. I don't really know though.

jdsmom

Postby jdsmom » Thu May 31, 637973 2:22 am

Wow. Sounds like you've had quite the go of it! Glad to hear that things did improve on all fronts. Just out of curiosity, what is a CBC panel? I think I'd be pretty anxious with so many different problems presenting themselves. Like your dr. said, hopefully it's just the flu. Glad you were able to get some rest last night; a good night's sleep can do wonders for your body. Hoping for your little one to be able to cook some more in there while not making you to uncomfortable. Keep us updated ;)

mommajo

Trip to hospital (sorry for the book)

Postby mommajo » Wed May 30, 637973 11:51 pm

Well the last two days have been difficult. I went for my regular doctor appointment on Tuesday and my blood pressure was high and didn't come down when I was laying down so they asked me to come back the next day for a blood pressure check. I also had to start my weekly 24 hour urine test. So I went to the lab to get the container for it and they were out of the type of containers they usually give me so they gave me a smaller one. Well by Midnight I had filled up that container and still had 9 hours left to go before I was done with the test so I had to call my doctor's office and talked to a nurse who told me to call the hospital to find out what they wanted me to do and they decided that I could use a different container from home to finish the test. So here it is 12:30 am and I am hunting through my kitchen to find a suitable container to put my pee in, Ha! I ended up using an apple juice container which was kind of funny because my urine did kind of look like apple juice.

The other problem was that I was feeling miserable. I was having trouble sleeping because my body ached so much everywhere, and I had a headache. I took Tylenol 8 hour for the headache but it didn't touch it. By the next morning I was in a lot of pain and I felt like I may be coming down with something. My head was throbbing, my lower back was throbbing, and my hips hurt. Everything hurt. DH had to stay home from work because I was so miserable and he needed to drive me to my appointments. First we went to the hospital to drop off my 24 hour urine test, and then we went to my doctor's office for my blood pressure check. My BP was high and they had me lay down and this time it did come down so they were happy. They told me that the 24 hour urine test results were good (250). Well I told the doctor how awful I felt and he said he was concerned about the headache and he tested my reflexes and said he was concerned that I may be developing preeclampsia so he ordered bloodwork stat and told me to call him at 3pm to find out the results and said he may need to send me to labor and delivery depending on the results. He told me not to eat anything in case they needed to do the c-section that evening. So we went home and waited and found out later that my liver panel was good but my CBC wasn't, the numbers had dropped quite a bit from the CBC they had done a couple of weeks ago. So I was going to labor and delivery to get monitored and that the doctor on call would decide whether or not I was develpping preeclampsia or if I was getting the flu. If it was preeclampsia they were going to do the c-section right away. Yesterday I was at 35 weeks and 1 day.

We had to wait about an hour and half to go to the hospital for my dad and my grandma to come and babysit DS since the hospital doesn't allow children in the rooms. My poor mother has pneumonia so she couldn't come. Once we got down there I got hooked up to all the monitors and my blood pressure was getting checked every 15 minutes. They brought me some stronger Tylenol than I had tried for my headache and after awhile I started feeling a bit better. They did another CBC and my numbers came up so they were pleased. Weirdly my blood pressure was doing fine the whole time I was there. So after a few hours they decided that I was doing good and wouldn't need to stay. They brought me dinner and I finally got to eat, Yay! They said I was probably getting the flu or something. They told me to go home and use Tylenol PM and stay on bedrest. So I actually got some sleep last night, and today I feel so much better.

So now I have been to the hospital twice already with this pregnancy and still no baby. Third time is a charm right? I am staying on bedrest and taking care of myself. Baby has been kicking up a storm, and the doctors say he is doing really good. So I am still awaiting the arrival of this little boy. I don't think it will be too much longer. I go back to the doctor tommorrow.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”