Yikes!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
audrey78

Re : Yikes!

Postby audrey78 » Sun Oct 05, 637975 12:27 pm

Congrats, a blue bundle of love!! I agree with the above posts however easire said then done, take a deep breath and try to relax! I wish a boring pregnancy for you, we all deserve a boring pregnancy.....

aprylsky

Postby aprylsky » Fri Oct 03, 637975 11:18 pm

Congrats on a boy! I think that being scared is just going to be part of the pregnancy process for us girls. I know some girls can't wait to have their ultrasounds done, and I on the other hand, have almost dreaded them. Before every ultrasound I have, I am a mess! I guess the best thing for us to do is try to stay calm as much as we can. It is so hard when all you can think about is all the things that can go wrong! I am due in November, by the way. The ultrasounds do make your pregnancy real. OH boy, a BOY!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Tue Jun 12, 637973 1:47 pm

Congratulations on a boy!!! It's hard not to get overwhelmed by the 'what can happen.' Carefree pregnancy is just not something that us pe mommies can have. Kind of stinks but at the same time it really gets us to pay attention to our bodies and the medical care that we are getting. I don't know many women (besides all of us) who are this educated and really involoved in their prenatal care. You are educated and AWARE of pe. That by itself is a huge weapon on your side. Try your best to take it day by day and really focus on what today is. Today, everything is looking great and your having a boy!!! I am praying that many, many more of your days are this good. Take care, relax, put your feet up and breathe....

jana m

Postby jana m » Mon Jun 11, 637973 9:37 pm

Hi there,
Learning gender definitely makes it seem like there is definitely a baby in there! I know how you feel as well. I had and lost three girls right around the same time that you had and lost Amelia. I'm about 22w now (also a boy!) and I can't say that the anxiety dissipates much, especially as you get closer to the time of delivery of your first baby. Just do the best you can to manage it and don't beat yourself up if you have some days that are more difficult than others.

I play relaxing CD's while I go to sleep at night and that seems to help me. I'm also thinking of giving prenatal yoga a try. Figure out something that works for you and go with it!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Mon Jun 11, 637973 4:02 pm

Congrats on joing the blue team!! I know how you feel! But try to relax! I know that it is easier said than done, but it is best for your little guy too!

bhesseling

Postby bhesseling » Mon Jun 11, 637973 12:50 pm

Congratulations! Calm down and take it easy! It'll sink in. Same thoughts race thru my head a lot but can't let all the what-ifs get to ya. I know, easier said than done!

for faith

Postby for faith » Mon Jun 11, 637973 12:42 pm

Congrats on a boy!!! Glad all is going great. I so know those feelings, I remember the point that my pregnancy with my younger son felt real, it is so hard after such a loss. For me just taking each day as it came, focusing on each milestone and focusing on my medical care brought me a little more comfort. I ended up with a full term, big boy, which I never thought would happen. So hoping things continue great!!! Thinking of you.

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Mon Jun 11, 637973 8:01 am

Ok first off congratulations on having a boy! Second take a deep breath. I know its hard not to think about all the what ifs and potential problems. You really just need to focus on staying as healthy as possible and relaxing and resting as much as possible. Those are things you do have control over even if you don't have control over preeclampsia. Stay positive it makes a big difference. Talk to your doctor if you continue being super anxious about what may happen its not good for you or your baby boy. What are some things that relax you? A nice cup of tea? some kind of diversion? Figure out what works for you and make time for the relaxing daily. Sending you big hugs!

melissarana

Yikes!

Postby melissarana » Mon Jun 11, 637973 7:30 am

We’re having a BOY!! We had a level 2 this morning, and learned that our baby is a HE. I am happy… so… happy. He looks healthy; growth and development all on target.

But, for some reason this news has also triggered what I can only assume is a panic attack. My hands are shaky, my hearts beating rapidly, I’m cold and clammy. I think the reality of the risks and possible scenarios is just setting-in.

All along, I’ve thought about what could happen and it seemed far away. But now, knowing that he’s a HE makes him so real and this pregnancy so scary. All I want to do is protect this little guy, and not knowing that I’ll be able to is so painful.

I’m not sure if these feelings will subside, hopefully they will, but if not how do I cope? At this point, pacing back and forth in my office isn’t doing much good!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”