Breast/Lymph Biopsy - it never ends. . .

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : Breast/Lymph Biopsy - it never ends. . .

Postby heather j » Mon Jan 05, 637976 8:37 pm

That is GREAT news! Now you can take a deep breath and prepare to meet little Kyla!

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Mon Jan 05, 637976 12:48 pm

Wow what a relief! Now you can just concentrate on bringing Kyla into the world. Congratulations!

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Mon Jan 05, 637976 6:39 am

Danielle, I'm so happy you got a good answer. Now you can just concentrate on your delivery next week!

kris21225

Postby kris21225 » Mon Jan 05, 637976 4:55 am

That's good. I would have been going crazt with worry. I'm glad it turned out ok.

jdsmom

Postby jdsmom » Mon Jan 05, 637976 4:45 am

Hey Ladies,
Just wanted to update you on this one. I ended up finally getting to a doctor who could actually see the lump clearly on a sonogram. Turns out it is in fact a lymph node that is only ever so slightly swollen. The doctor said it's 99.9% chance benign and most likely just one of those pregnancy things (where your body overreacts to seemingly harmless triggers). She said it could even be an allergic response. Anyway, it is such a relief to not have to worry about continuing to pursue getting a diagnosis from a doctor. I was really afraid she'd say "Gee, we don't know. Let me refer you to . . .". Very happy just to have an answer (and even happier that it's a good one). Thank you all for your kind thoughts and encouragement.

jdsmom

Postby jdsmom » Tue Sep 23, 637975 11:52 am

Hi, you ladies are all too sweet. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. I saw my OB today and was able to set up an appointment with another doctor at a breast care center just to get a second opinion. Pretty much the doctor I saw for the sonogram and mammogram was unable to deduce weather we're dealing with a lymph node or breast tissue. This other doctor will do a sonagram of her own and look at my previous sonagram/mammogram - hopefully they'll have a bit more info to work with at that point. That appointment is for next Monday; I'm glad they were able to squeeze me in so soon as the c-section date is fast approaching and I'd really like to have some answers to all this before then. I did see on the report that the doctor who did the sonagram/mammogram assessed the lump as "probably benign" so that does put my mind at ease a bit. Also, my OB today gave me an Rx for an antibiotic in case it is a lymph infection (caused by cat scratch or shaving etc. . ). I'm not going to fill the Rx until after my appointment on Monday; if it is just breast tissue growing there's no need for an antibiotic, but if it ends up looking like some sort of infection, I'll get it filled. Long and short of it, we still don't know a whole lot, but I'm feeling more at ease with the whole thing. I'll update after my appointment Monday. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Thank you again for your concern; it really is encouraging.

denise

Postby denise » Mon Sep 22, 637975 6:49 pm

Danielle, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I am sorry you have to deal with this on top of a high risk pg. You will be in my thoughts.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Sep 11, 637975 4:12 pm

((((hugs))))) I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. It would be nice if this kind of thing could be sprinkled around a bit instead of poured right onto you. Let us know what you find out - I will be thinking about you.

lisamarie

Postby lisamarie » Wed Sep 10, 637975 10:37 pm

I had a biopsy done on a lump in my breast when DS was 4 months old. After swearing up and down it wasn't a clogged milk duct, they did a mammogram (those hurt when you are breastfeeding) and an ultrasound. The biopsy was a needle inserted into the breast and then he collected cells by pulling out the plunger of the needle. Took mere seconds, didn't even hurt. Ended up being what my mom has 17 of - fibroids. Had me pretty nervous though. Good luck with your biopsy. It should not interfere with your ability to produce milk or breastfeed. My surgeon did pierce a milk duct doing it, but I pumped that side and threw it out as there was a little blood in it. Nothing harmful. You are in my T&P.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Sep 10, 637975 5:57 pm

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you also.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”