Breast/Lymph Biopsy - it never ends. . .

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lbdefelice

Re : Breast/Lymph Biopsy - it never ends. . .

Postby lbdefelice » Wed Sep 10, 637975 5:33 pm

Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you have to go through all of this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun Jun 24, 637973 3:32 am

Danielle,

I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this, please know that we're thinking of you.

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Tue Jun 12, 637973 1:59 pm

Oh Danielle! What next huh? I am so sorry you are dealing with this on top of a high risk pregnancy. I don't have any experience with this but wanted you to know that I am thinking and praying for you. Good luck. Please keep us updated.{{hugs}}}

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Tue Jun 12, 637973 11:32 am

Hi Danielle,
I had a swollen lymph node removed from the back of my neck when I was in college. The doctor took it out in his office, with a laser. I was in and out in about an hour. Obviously, it wasn't near my breast, and I wasn't pregnant, but the worst of it was a general soreness for a few days after. I just took over the counter pain meds and was fine. You have so much on your plate -- no wonder you're frazzled! I agree with Joanna that talking with a lactation consultant to put your mind at ease. Good luck, and know that you only have a few more weeks to go!

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Tue Jun 12, 637973 3:26 am

Danielle, I'm so sorry you are having to go through so much especially so close to your delivery date. I haven't had a breast/lymph biopsy done but I had a biopsy on a mole done once. It wasn't a big deal, I don't if it would be handled similarly or not. I have heard they do needle biopsys for those. My uneducated guess would be that it should not interfere with your breastfeeding. You may want to contact a lactation consultant to set your mind at ease though. You've come a long way and you are doing wonderfully given all the the craziness. Give yourself credit, and know that you are close to the end. (((hugs)))

jdsmom

Breast/Lymph Biopsy - it never ends. . .

Postby jdsmom » Mon Jun 11, 637973 10:16 pm

My OB had me sent to a place to get a sonogram of a lump under my arm today. When I got there they told me from the sonogram it just looked like extra breast tissue that's responding to all the pregnancy hormones, but they wanted to do a mammogram just to be sure. So they did the mammogram of the section in my armpit really, and from that picture they thought it looked more like a swollen lymph node. Long and short of it, the radiologist wants me to see a surgeon next about possibly having a biopsy of this thing done before the baby gets here. I've only got 3 weeks to go and I'm very frazzled. If the frequent doctor appointments that are all over an hour away, or the hormones, or the massive bruises I have since trying switching to heparin hadn't done it to me - this has - I'm soo over all of it. There is a limit to the amount of crap any one person can handle and I'm reaching my breaking point. All I want is a normal, full term healthy pregnancy minus all the drama; why is that asking too much? Has anyone ever had a breast/lymph biopsy done? I'm hoping this is nothing and that I'm still able to breastfeed and do all the normal mothering things. This just stinks. [:(]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”