Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Oh Suzanna...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Oh Suzanna...

Postby mada » Sun Feb 15, 2004 01:53 pm

by mada (4081 Posts), Sun Feb 15, 2004 01:53 pm

Hi there suz!! I was just wondering how you were doing? How are you feeling? All that good stuff!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Re : Oh Suzanna...

Postby sweetiesuzy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 03:40 pm

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Sun Feb 15, 2004 03:40 pm

My dear Mada -

Sory I have been quiet here on the board. Everyone has been so darn sick here at our house! This winter has sure been hard!

I had posted under a post Suzanne started - If you didn't know they had put me on Aldomet and it made me feel really nasty. They took me off of it Thursday and wrote me a script for Labatelol (which is what I took at the end with my preg with Sam). As of today I have not started the Labatelol. Why? Well it made me feel like bunk when I took it before. I am tired of feeling nasty and not being able to take care of things here at the house. I am finally starting to feel better in terms of the morning sickness THANKFULLY! I am monitoring my bps and watching for all the tell tale signs. I am sure you will all read me the riot act about not starting the Labetalol... and you all can [:)] I have a follow up appointment this coming Thursday for a bp check. I will let you know how it goes!

I will be 16 weeks soon. A anniversary date for Chloe. It is easier this time then it was with Sam. One day at a time....

Thank you so much for thinking of me! You make my life so much brighter because you care. I hope you and your family are well.
Hugs,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Postby sherry fisher » Sun Feb 15, 2004 03:49 pm

by sherry fisher (384 Posts), Sun Feb 15, 2004 03:49 pm

Hi Suzanne! I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your blood pressure meds! I am really sensitive to mine! One thing that I did find that helped with the labetalol was to take 1/2 the pill then take the other half about 1/2 later. If I would take it all at once I would feel dizzy, light headed and just feel like crap in general! I would literally have to lay down and let that feeling go away, sometimes, it would not go away until my next med time. THerefore; it would not go away!

Since doing it that way, I have let my body adjust to such a change! Now I am able to finially take the full 200 mg at a time and not get sick. I feel good now!

I hope this helps!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Postby mada » Mon Feb 16, 2004 07:14 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Mon Feb 16, 2004 07:14 am

Oh I am sorry you are feeling like that!! I am glad the morning sickness has subsided!! Sherry's ideas sounds good! I understand your hestitant about taking the meds..I know you will take it when you really need to and I know you will keep an eye on your pressure....I am not going to read you the riot act!!!too funny!! Well hang in there sweetie....Let us know how the doc goes!! Also, I am sure it's tough as you go through this week and anniversary for Chloe....I bet it was really tough with Sam! But, he is happy and healthy[:)] I pray for comfort for you this week.

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Return to Pregnant Again?