Relaxin on overdrive, any tips?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amym

Re : Relaxin on overdrive, any tips?

Postby amym » Fri Apr 30, 637976 2:55 pm

PT was the only thing that helped me -- I did strengthening exercises until about 22 weeks, and yoga. I had horrible back pain early in this pregnancy and bad pubic bone pain and groin pain from loose pelvic joints at about 28-35 weeks. The latter didn't improve with anything!

Hope it resolves for you soon.

jenhaus

Postby jenhaus » Thu Apr 29, 637976 4:22 pm

Whew...im glad there are others who are having this problem. I told my hubby my bones were popping when I walked he looked at me like I was crazy. Ahhhh, the joys of pregnancy!

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Wed Apr 28, 637976 10:28 am

Some "Director of Support" you are! [;)] There's nothing like a well-placed collection of pillows to keep the hips aligned while you sleep. If ordinary pillows are too soft for you, use sofa cushions or reading-in-bed pillows. During the day my joints are much better if I don't wake up achy to begin with.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Apr 18, 637976 12:55 pm

Ahh, Fiona, I feel like so less a freak now! Thought that was just me with the popping and cracking pubic bone. Man, the pain put the embarrassment of the whole issue to shame though; I thought I was going to split in two! DH used to get a good laugh (directly preceding a good thwack upside his head for his insensitivity) because I'd sleep with a heated buckwheat pillow (I ran through two of them in the course of four months) wedged up there [;)]! It was THE worst - glad I was spared that the first pregnancy.

jana m

Postby jana m » Sun Apr 18, 637976 10:10 am

Oh, almost forgot. How about prenatal yoga?

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sun Apr 18, 637976 7:48 am

I got the separated pubic bone thingy too. It used to click in and out. Nice.

I know while liying down, the old pillows between the legs helped me. And I believe ice is better than heat, because heat feels good, but afterwards everything seizes up worse than before.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sun Apr 18, 637976 6:03 am

My hips were (and are) my biggest problem as well. So sorry sweetie. You feel like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz...wobbly at best. I was a wimp and tried to just avoid moving--which of course makes things worse!! A couple exercises I learned to help stretch are here http://www.nismat.org/orthocor/programs ... ackex.html
The stretching helps with the pain--I have found--more than anything else. And don't forget (having just gotten this warning myself) Tylenol is tough on the liver. I was told to use Ibuprofen or Motrin.

jana m

Postby jana m » Sat Apr 17, 637976 11:20 pm

When I was pregnant with my girls, my hips were the biggest problem. They burned and ached terribly! Have you tried a heating pad or a warm bath? I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a try.

laura

Relaxin on overdrive, any tips?

Postby laura » Sat Apr 17, 637976 11:12 pm

Ack! I've never had a pregnancy like this- my ligaments are sooo loose- my stomach muscles have separated and my hips are perpetually threatening to pop out of joint. Anyone have any practical tips on how to 'keep it together'?

I've got the belly support band, and am using one of those 'tube top' thingies they use to hold the toco monitors from L&D. That's helping, but my hips are a hurtin' and I'm getting a little leery of using tylenol every day...

Return to “Pregnant Again?”