Haven't been on in a while...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
tracey

Re : Haven't been on in a while...

Postby tracey » Mon May 07, 2007 09:23 pm

Hi Alisha!
Great to hear from you (and Paige and Heather). Like you, I don't get on here as much as I used to, but I try to catch up on what's going on, even if I don't always have the time to post!

Happy belated birthday to Ava!

Oscar is now 3 and a half months old (!) and things are starting to come together a little more now. Even though I am home for now, Lily goes to daycare part-time still, mostly because she LOVES it so much, and missed it during the short time we had her out of it after Oscar was born, and partly because I was finding it veeeery difficult to keep her occupied and happy while I tended to Oscar's needs. It is very hectic, you're right. But now that the weather is getting really nice, I'm finding it easier to get the two of them out and about a little more -- to mom's groups, library, activity centres/play groups, etc, or having little play dates with our friends, which seems to be good for all of us (well, especially Lily and I at this point!)

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Hope to hear more updates soon!

heatedheart

Postby heatedheart » Sun May 06, 2007 04:51 pm

Paige,

Way to go on getting them both to bed. WOW! Sounds like things are going great for you and your family. Soo nice to hear!

I know what you mean about outgrowing the clothes. Chloe was wearing 3-6 months sleepers at birth and now she's starting to outgrow them!! I was really hoping that she'd be able to wear Ava's clothes, but something tells me that that won't be happening. [:)] Oh well...

Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope to feel somewhat together in the next few weeks. My brain feels a little bit scattered at the moment. To be expected. [:)]

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Paige! Great to hear from you, too! Collin is a big boy! And kudos to you getting them both to bed by yourself. I'm dreading the first trip out of town DH has to make...hopefully, he can find someone else to go, he's gotten pretty adept at delegating [:)]. I don't know if Alisha and I have it easier than you or not; if I had to be anywhere at a specific time these days, there would be some upset people [;)]! I feel like I'm back in the real world, but I don't think I'm together enough to get two to daycare and be somewhere important (I even pulled Nicolas from his two day a week preschool program because I knew I couldn't have us all out of the house and be anywhere by 9 am - I know, I'm awful!). I can't believe he's 11 weeks! Can you believe how FAST it's going by?! BTW where are you moving to?!?!

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Fri May 04, 2007 08:29 pm

Alisha,
It's great to hear from you!!! (And very hard to believe that Chloe is a month old now!) You and Heather have it much harder than I do as Meredith and Collin are now both going to daycare and I'm back at work full time. Juggling two definitely takes some getting used to, but I actually successfully put both of them to bed by myself with no help from DH last week. That was a major milestone for us!!! Collin is almost 11 weeks old. (Can you believe???) He's a whopper at almost 13 lbs, and is already outgrowing his 3 month outfits! What a change from Meredith, who was hardly growing INTO newborn clothes at 11 weeks!!! We've been struggling with reflux the last few weeks, and tonight is the first night that the medicine seems to be making a difference. (Thank goodness!!!) Through it all, Collin has been an absolute angel (considering the circumstances). He has slept through the night once, and I'm hoping that getting the reflux under control will help.

Hugs to you and the girls!!! Happy Birthday, Ava!

Heather,
Glad to hear that things are going well for you and the kids. It was great to read your update!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:58 pm

Alisha it's so good to hear from you! I can't believe Chloe is over a month old. Happy Birthday Miss Ava! I hope she has a great day celebrating! Enjoy your girls and update when you can.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed May 02, 2007 05:36 pm

Hi Alisha! I'm glad you popped in! I've been wondering how things were going! Ella turns 6 weeks tomorrow - and is getting so big (though I'm sure Chloe is still way ahead [:)]! I agree, it IS hectic, but I can tell you that things have really started coming together around here the past couple of weeks. They both take an afternoon nap at the same time (what a gigantic gift they are giving their mama!), and I'm getting out and doing "normal" things with them both; she's just blended right it! I'd love to see some more pictures of her if you get a chance to post some - these little girlies are changing so fast! Glad to hear you're doing well! Email me sometime when you get a chance! I'm sure we're experiencing a LOT of the same things right now!

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:52 am

Happy Birthday Ava!!!! Good to hear from you. Glad to hear all is well!!

hutced

Postby hutced » Wed May 02, 2007 10:41 am

Great to hear your update! I cant believe it has been a month already! I felt the same way after my second was born, but it does get easier and things settle down to a norm.

Take care!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed May 02, 2007 09:48 am

Alisha,

It was great to get an update from you! I am sure that routines take some time! Glad to hear that you are all doing well though! Happy Birthday Ava!!! Take care!

heatedheart

Haven't been on in a while...

Postby heatedheart » Wed May 02, 2007 09:04 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop by and say Hi! and that I think of all of you often. Chloe is a little over 1 month now and I've still not managed to establish a routine with her as yet. Taking care of both Ava (2 years old today!) and Chloe on a full-time basis is hectic to say the least. Anyway, it is slowly coming together. I just wanted to wish everyone well with their pregnancies; that they be long and boring ones.

Hopefully things will ease up over the next couple of weeks and I can come on here and see how each of you is doing.

Heather, Paige & Tracey...how are you both doing with your little ones?

Back soon!! [:D]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”