Gavin Robert is here!!! UPDATED!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lmc2677

Gavin Robert is here!!! UPDATED!

Postby lmc2677 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm

****UPDATE 5/27****

Thanks everyone!!! [:D]

I've been slow to get on here and check in. Been getting used to our little routine this past week. So far so good. Gavin is very mellow. He doesn't cry a lot and only does when he's hungry, wet or tired. Been getting 3-5 hours sleep in one stretch at night. Woohoo! Anyway, we've had visitors every day (ugh!) and it's been a little hectic. Some visitors are okay. Some need to learn when to leave. Ha! I'm learning to say "No" now when I feel like I need a break. I've broke down almost every night so far and cried too. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm soooooo happy. When it's just the 3 of us alone it's like....ahhhhhh! Finally! Here we are. Alone as a family. I love it! I can just sit and stare at Gavin for hours. He's amazing. [:)]

Gavin is 1 oz. shy of his birth weight too. Yeah! The pediatrician is very happy and says he's doing well. [:)]

I am slowly putting more photos on his website when I have time. We have a TON and it's hard to pick my favorites.

I will write more soon. Better get to bed now. Thanks again for all of your notes. You are all wonderful!! [:)]

Our boy has arrived!!!! [:D] Born May 17th at 2:54pm. 7lbs., 12oz., 19 1/2" long. Things went perfect! No problems at all. [:)]

I was induced late Wednesday night and by the early morning hours things were starting to progress. Things went really quick. Started pushing sometime after noon, and 2 hours later....he was born! It was AMAZING! Very much like I thought it would be and nothing like I expected at the same time. Hard to explain. It was like an out of body experience.

Anyway, Gavin is perfect and I can not believe he is really here. It's like a dream. It really is.

I will write more when I am not super tired and on a hormonal roller coaster. [;)] I will post pictures too on our website listed below.

Thanks to everyone for your support over the months. I have never met any of you, but I could not imagine going through this without all of you. [:)]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”