High BP scare

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
bhesseling

Re : High BP scare

Postby bhesseling » Thu Dec 05, 637985 9:33 am

I know! I can't believe how pg I am lol. Never in a million yrs would I have predicted this...I was shooting for like 34/35wk and now she won't come out[;)]I always promised myself I'd never be 1 to complain about being big, miserable and pg b/c of what happened last time but yet here I am. I should count myself lucky to be where I am (and I do) but yeah, I'm ready...my body is def ready. And my 3yr old is also ready. Now we just need to convince Ava that she's ready and to come out already hehe...

BPs are still slightly elevated at home but not dangerously at this point.

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Sun Nov 24, 637985 8:48 pm

Wow...38 weeks! Glad your BP is ok now...so happy you've made it this far!!!!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun Nov 24, 637985 3:10 pm

Sorry to hear about the BP scare but how amazing that you are 38 weeks compared to your last pregnancy!! I know it probably dosn't feel amazing but at least you will have a full term baby!:)
Congrats and can't wait to hear your baby news:))

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Nov 24, 637985 9:45 am

38 weeks and still cooking?! That's incredible! After a 27 weeker, I'm betting you feel like you've been pregnant forever this time, huh? Way to go! Hang in there; the last couple weeks are the worst post-PE with all the false alarms and panic attacks! It's not too much longer!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Sun Nov 24, 637985 7:10 am

So sorry to hear about your BP scare! I hope that Aug. 2 comes quick for you! Hang in there! You can make it!

bhesseling

High BP scare

Postby bhesseling » Sun Nov 24, 637985 3:31 am

So I just wasn't feeling right yesterday - lethargic (more than just normal for a 38wk pg lady), nauseous and then after laying down for awhile I got up and gotten a sudden headache. Decided to take my BP and the home monitor said 124/87, which from my experience, that monitor runs low. Took it again a few min later and it was the same. So then I went to a supermarket and it was 140/91 and after a few more min 145/98! Ekkk...call the dr and they want me to head to L&D. Of course, BP had dropped to 131/81 by the time I get there. No protein in my urine and blood work came back fine. BP was 140/65 when they released me. Soooo odd that all the sudden out of nowhere it would spike like that (I normally run 110/70).

Anyway, that was my 3rd L&D trip in the last 3wk...getting real sick of all the false alarms [:p] But I do have an induction date of Aug2 now...so at least I have a goal at this point! Altho, she's more than welcome to come sooner on her own[:)]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”