Public BP cuffs!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Public BP cuffs!

Postby sherry fisher » Wed Mar 03, 2004 09:47 pm

What I have learned about the machines at Walgreens and CVS?? They are crappola and will make you sit and wait for hours in the L&D. Took Abbie to gymnastics tonight. Started having this horrid headache. I assumed my BP was up so I left to run up and check it. 160/105. Scared the heck out of me. Along with this, I go back to gymnastics class to wait to the 10 min until its over. GO to the potty and see light pink on the TP. Then to come a clear mucous discharge. Went to the hospital to learn that I had LOW BP! 123/60, 112/50.... PIH labs good, baby was VERY reactive tonight, as oppose to most of the time! YEAH!!!! YES, they are making me do the dreaded 24 hr urine again! UGGHHHHH! AND I have lost my mucous plug!!!!! AT 32.5 weeks?!?!?! Guess anything is possible?! My OB told me not to take my BP there again! lol She said she gets TONS of high readings there. Partly because the cuff is not adjustable. Partly because of the abuse of the machine. Makes sense to me. Just thought I would share with you all!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Re : Public BP cuffs!

Postby taras mom » Thu Mar 04, 2004 02:49 am

I've never understood why they make those stupid things non-adjustable; you can't get an accurate reading if the cuff is too big or too small. I'm sorry you had to go through all that!

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby sonja » Thu Mar 04, 2004 09:17 am

How frusterating, but I am so glad that you went into the doctors. Isn't it strange how everything in pregnancy happens differently than you expected - like loosing your mucus plug so early. Before I got pregnant I thought that some time around 40 weeks my water would break, I would rush to the hospital and have my baby. So Hollywood! Take care.

Joy
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby julie f » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:31 am

Oh Sherry,

I'm sorry that you had such a scare and had to spend all that time in L&D. But, I must say that you gave me a good chuckle! I'm very impressed that you kept your cool - I'd have been freaked out from the bp monitor and then I'm so sure I would've called 911 from the gym's bathroom [:o)]! (Sorry, I'm feeling much like a drama queen today...)

Hang in there - you're on the home stretch now!!!!!!!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby pugmommy7 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 07:53 pm

All those monitors are good for is giving me a place to sit my big ol' pregnant butt while waiting for and rx!

Good luck!

Mama to Bella, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,(borderline HELLP).
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04
pugmommy7

Return to Pregnant Again?