a faint line on my pregnancy test...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re : a faint line on my pregnancy test...

Postby celticepona » Sun Oct 27, 637991 7:22 pm

Hi there,I'm right there with you. I am working with my ob to get sent to a high risk peri once I am 8 weeks. Good luck and congratulations!!!

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Thu Sep 12, 637991 5:12 am

Congrats! We told our family with a t-shirt for our second. It was hilarious to watch them figuring it out.

I saw a peri for a few appointments and then my regular OB consulted with him after each OB visit. I completely trusted my OB and was fine with the peri on being a consultant. He was called anytime that they felt my bp's were raising or if they felt I needed to go to the hospital. The peri actually made my plan of care and OB carried it out. The peri made the final decision for delivery. On my 3rd pregnancy, the peri did start me on a low-dose aspirin at 8 weeks.

Best wishes.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Thu Sep 12, 637991 3:16 am

Congrats, Lindsay!! I told my husband the same way! He just stared at the shirt and then me, and then the shirt. It was hilarious!!!

I agree on talking to your OB about how you will meet with a high risk doc this time around. I met with one prior to conceiving and he and my OB wanted me to start baby aspirin that day so I've been taking it since March (got preggo in July). Hopefully you can find an OB that works very well with his high risk doc. I'm having all of my u/s at the MFM and will have many more than before.

I wish you a long and boring 9 months!!!

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Thu Sep 12, 637991 2:18 am

Congratulations!! Wishing you a long and boring pregnancy!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Sep 11, 637991 6:52 pm

Congratulations!!! I hope that you have a looooong nine months. I started taking a BA as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Then I started Lovenox about 7 weeks after we saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound. I continued to go to my reg. OB this time, but also saw the peri of the group once. If, I started to go down the PE road again, my OB said that he would turn me to the peri to handle my care! Personally, I have 100% trust in both dr. and that was fine for me! Please keep us posted!!!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sun Sep 01, 637991 1:14 pm

Congrats Lindsay! I agree with Michelle in seeing a peri with this pregnancy. I'd see if your ob can refer you to one. Keep us updated on how you're doing! Wishing a long and very boring 9 months for you.

lindsayr

Postby lindsayr » Sat Aug 31, 637991 9:40 pm

so so excited and nervous and excited... going out to get an i'm the big sister shirt for jordyn to surprise daddy with when he gets home from work! :)
thank you all for your love support and kind words...
again, so glad to not be in this alone!

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Sat Aug 31, 637991 5:53 pm

Congrats Lindsay!
I had the same emotions when I got my positive test. Excited but also so scared and nervous. Without doubt, I would get into see a perinatologist to follow you through this pregnancy. I actually went to a peri prior to getting pregnant again and started seeing her at 12 weeks, but she was communicating with my OB and discussing my care with him from the beginning.
The peri and OB can evaluate if low dose aspirin is right for you. My OB initially said I did not need it since he put me on a blood thinner anyways, but the peri wanted me to add low dose aspirin in addition. I started the Lovenox (blood thinner) at 7 weeks and the aspirin at 12 weeks after my first peri appt.
Good luck and keep us updated!

mom29

Postby mom29 » Sat Aug 31, 637991 12:18 pm

Congrats. on your wonderful news!

dynamicdoula

Postby dynamicdoula » Sat Aug 31, 637991 12:07 pm

I wish I could throw out some suggestions for you, but the only thing I can think of is, go in without expectation, surrender to the moment, and get as much support/education as you can. That's been my journey this time around and let me tell you, I've had significantly LESS stress than I thought I would. Keep us posted!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”