Is my BP monitor broken???

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Is my BP monitor broken???

Postby amandab » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:29 am

[:D] After weeks of high readings, averaging 130/83, I am now getting much lower readings, averaging 118/78!! I know that may not seem much lower, but I chart my readings, and you can really see a difference in my chart. My husband jokingly said he thinks our monitor is broken!!

My OB warned me I could just be seeing the typical 2nd trimester dip a little later than most women (26 weeks today). And that seeing a dip in BP a few weeks before the PE hits is a common pattern. She told me not to get too confident and keep monitoring it very closely. Still! I am excited!!

This may sound crazy, but I have been so sure I would develop it again and have to do bedrest, I almost feel like I'm not having a "normal" pg (for me, anyway) now. I swear my brain just overthinks everything!! [:I]

Amanda (28)
Hubby (28)
~i~ Aidan Timothy - 4/14/03, pre-e and abruption
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Re : Is my BP monitor broken???

Postby paljane8 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:39 pm

That is fantastic, Amanda! I'll bet you feel better! 26wks-wow. I know pregnancy drags for you but, I can't believe it. Take care.

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Re : Is my BP monitor broken???

Postby amandab » Sat Mar 06, 2004 05:53 am

Thanks Nancy!!

I jinxed myself!! BP was back to 130/83 last night and this morning. [:(] It is still nice to see that it can go back down, though. Maybe I still have several weeks before bed rest! And it has been a great week without that yucky feeling!

26 weeks is such a milestone! I am 20 days away from the point I was diagnosed last pg, and I am 25 days away from the point I had Aidan. I have started marking off each day on my calendar. That makes the time seem to pass faster!

Amanda (28)
Hubby (28)
~i~ Aidan Timothy - 4/14/03, pre-e and abruption
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Return to Pregnant Again?