Zealot here...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Zealot here...

Postby sonja » Tue Mar 09, 2004 07:49 pm

I was following a girl on one of the WebMD boards who was having problems with pre-e at the end of her pregnancy - it did not seem like she or her OB were taking it that seriously - I kept trying to get her to check out things over here - it is so much more persuasive to get your info from you ladies. She ended up okay thank goodness. I hope your gal is okay too!

Joy

sherry fisher

Postby sherry fisher » Tue Mar 09, 2004 06:45 pm

I am the exact same way! As soon as someone mentions something about BP's I am all over them about the symptoms to watch for, etc! My family has called me on occation about my problems and symptoms because so and so's daughter/wife/neice is pregnant and is having some problems. Like I am an expert....lol Nope, girls, not just you, I am the same way!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/

mada

Postby mada » Tue Mar 09, 2004 06:14 pm

Catherine,
I swear whenever I am talking to a friend who tells me about someone who is prego and is very swollen, or has other symptoms, I get right up on my soapbox. People think I am obsessed, but the way I look at it; they can all think I am a freak mama, if I help someone that's all that matters!! So you go girl!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

akemt

Zealot here...

Postby akemt » Tue Mar 09, 2004 05:39 pm

Well, I've sent another poor pg lady off to the doctor's office. LOL On baby center she said she was really swollen and had been having a headache all day. So I asked if she had had any visual disturbances or a racing/pounding heart (just probing, not wanting to send someone to the dr and have them be normal, ya know). She has been having a racing pulse and said she felt like she'd been running up stairs all day. I honestly don't know how seriously she took me though she did log off and say she would call the dr (hopefully go in) after eating dinner. I hate the "I'm a zealot" feeling...LOL And, so many people say my BP was fine a month ago. Yah, and that has how much bearing on today? Sorry, a bit worked up I guess.[;)] So, do you ladies feel like you bring up preeclampsia any time pregnancy comes into a conversation? I swear it seems like I do. And, what do you tell people?

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004

Return to “Pregnant Again?”