My NST turned out great, however, my BP was up. She maxed out my labetalol at 300mg @ 3TID. I was taking 200, 300, 200, as my BP was mostly up in the evening. After taking my BP she said "We are almost there Sherry, 34 weeks, is what we need!". When I asked when she suspected, I would have her she smiled and said "34 weeks, I suspect" SO.....it looks like next week sometime. I go in on M-W-F for NST's and OB visit. I suspect I will either go M or W and she will send me over to have a baby!
While I am excited, I am scared for her. I know that she is not THAT premature and has a 99% chance of survival. DH and I have decided that if she needs more than oxygen, we will have her transfered to Childrens Hosp in St Louis. Since our HOspital is such a small facility. But its only a mile from our house, so we like that! Especially if Allyson has to be in the hospital longer than me. Which we suspect! :)
Here is my question....Anyone had a 34 weeker and if so how did they do at birth, after, etc, etc?? Oxygen, no Oxygen, vent??? And how long did they stay in the hospital????????
We broke the bedrest rule big time today! Had to get last minute stuff for Ally! Got all of our breastfeeding supplies, and all the goodies for the transport of breastmilk, if we need to. Also, bought a couple new gowns and travel items needed for the hospital stay. I am scared to death, as this is really starting to hit home now! Not so much that I will be a mom again...but more so of the fact that I dont want there to be anything wrong with her. My OB did tell me today that literally everyday counted as far as her lungs go. So, she said Her lungs could be mature, need O2, or need a vent for a short time. When we think about all this, it just scares me. I start to question if we REALLLLLY need to take her now?!?!?!?! I know she is watching out for me and wanting to make sure that we dont fall into my past pregancies. Now, another question...do you think that my BP alone is justification for taking her now? Or do you think we should wait for 'bad blood work'?? I know I will have varying opinions there. I for one, am really up in the air on it. A part of me says take her now, I know she is safe and ALIVE! But, a part of me says wait another week or two and play it by ear. What do you all think??
She also suspects that Ally is "a big 'un!". LOL She estimates 5.5 lbs. Although; I say 6! And Laura your soooo right about the placenta. It makes sense why we can feel her lil butt, back and even feel the outline of her legs sometimes. My placenta is not blocking any of it! She is still REALLY high! They actually found the hearbeat today about 2 inches below my boobs, in the center. Also, I am 1cm dialated. I dialated early with Will though too, I had a LEEP done in 2001, which made my cervix a little incompitant! :)
Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/