UPDATE!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

UPDATE!

Postby sherry fisher » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:39 am

WEll, after many, many wacky BP readings,I seen my OB again on WED for the follow up to the hospital visit on Monday. My BP was up 152/90. She sent me over AGAIN for lab work. This time my BP's were crazy like at home. Kinda a relief that they know what I am talking about. 128/106, 144/98, 158/94...then normal ones. 133/70, 100/54...My protein came back neg, platelets came back "good" and my liver enzymes came back "OK". So, it looks as if maybe the liver has changed a bit since Mon test. I am not exactly sure. I overheard my nurse and my OB going on and on about how many weeks I actually am. My OB said something about delivery at 34 weeks to them. That will be Sunday by my count, Monday by theirs. My BP's were monitored for about 8 hours in the hospital again and I was eventually sent home with strict instructions TO STAY OFF MY FEET! I have to go in at 8am in the morning again! The nurse at the hospital joked that she would see me then. lol It looks as if things are very gradually taking a turn for the worse. However, I feel that she is watching my very closely and has a plan for delivery. I will talk to her more about it tomorrow am when I go in.

I will keep you all posted!!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Re : UPDATE!

Postby mada » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:59 am

Wow Sherry!! I guess it's a good thing your bp was acting up at the doctors!! So you go back tommorow right? My goodness you might be a mommy 4x over again soon!! Goodluck at your aapt. tommorow!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby akemt » Thu Mar 11, 2004 02:32 pm

I totally know how it goes to get wacky readings. Luckily my doctor always trusted me, though the L&D nurses NEVER did. Such a pain. I'm glad things are moving slowly instead of quickly and that you are getting to such a great gestation! Wow, so if what you heard is right (and they decide to stick to it) you could be holding that little one dang soon huh? YIPEE! I'm sure you'll be glad when some of this worry ends. Definately let us know about your appointment!

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Postby julie f » Thu Mar 11, 2004 06:33 pm

Oh my goodness! Update us after your appointment tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!!!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby sherry fisher » Fri Mar 12, 2004 05:40 pm

My NST turned out great, however, my BP was up. She maxed out my labetalol at 300mg @ 3TID. I was taking 200, 300, 200, as my BP was mostly up in the evening. After taking my BP she said "We are almost there Sherry, 34 weeks, is what we need!". When I asked when she suspected, I would have her she smiled and said "34 weeks, I suspect" SO.....it looks like next week sometime. I go in on M-W-F for NST's and OB visit. I suspect I will either go M or W and she will send me over to have a baby!

While I am excited, I am scared for her. I know that she is not THAT premature and has a 99% chance of survival. DH and I have decided that if she needs more than oxygen, we will have her transfered to Childrens Hosp in St Louis. Since our HOspital is such a small facility. But its only a mile from our house, so we like that! Especially if Allyson has to be in the hospital longer than me. Which we suspect! :)

Here is my question....Anyone had a 34 weeker and if so how did they do at birth, after, etc, etc?? Oxygen, no Oxygen, vent??? And how long did they stay in the hospital????????

We broke the bedrest rule big time today! Had to get last minute stuff for Ally! Got all of our breastfeeding supplies, and all the goodies for the transport of breastmilk, if we need to. Also, bought a couple new gowns and travel items needed for the hospital stay. I am scared to death, as this is really starting to hit home now! Not so much that I will be a mom again...but more so of the fact that I dont want there to be anything wrong with her. My OB did tell me today that literally everyday counted as far as her lungs go. So, she said Her lungs could be mature, need O2, or need a vent for a short time. When we think about all this, it just scares me. I start to question if we REALLLLLY need to take her now?!?!?!?! I know she is watching out for me and wanting to make sure that we dont fall into my past pregancies. Now, another question...do you think that my BP alone is justification for taking her now? Or do you think we should wait for 'bad blood work'?? I know I will have varying opinions there. I for one, am really up in the air on it. A part of me says take her now, I know she is safe and ALIVE! But, a part of me says wait another week or two and play it by ear. What do you all think??

She also suspects that Ally is "a big 'un!". LOL She estimates 5.5 lbs. Although; I say 6! And Laura your soooo right about the placenta. It makes sense why we can feel her lil butt, back and even feel the outline of her legs sometimes. My placenta is not blocking any of it! She is still REALLY high! They actually found the hearbeat today about 2 inches below my boobs, in the center. Also, I am 1cm dialated. I dialated early with Will though too, I had a LEEP done in 2001, which made my cervix a little incompitant! :)

Sherry Fisher (28)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Postby julie f » Fri Mar 12, 2004 06:15 pm

WOW Sherry! So, any day now huh?!?!?!

Did they give you the steroid shots for you daughter's lungs? I have no idea whether they still do them at 34 weeks but, thought I'd ask.

Well, take it easy this weekend (easier said than done right [;)]) and keep us posted!!!!!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby mintmommy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 06:17 pm

Sherry,

Congratulations! Everything will be allright.

My son was born weighing only 4 lbs 1 oz. (at 35 1/2 weeks) and he was born perfectly fine except for some jaundice and his low birth weight. He was kept in NICU for 2 days under the blue lights, but thats it. We took him home and he is now weighing close to 14 lbs. So, I know that everything will be allright with you and your baby [:)]

I understand how you feel about taking her out now, but if their is a high chance of having complications, it might be the best thing to do.

OR

Maybe you can ask the doc to see if it is possible to stay at the hospital to be monitored and have them induce if something comes up. This is to help the baby stay a little longer in there . . .[:)]
You can give it a try by asking. Anything helps.

It sounds like you are doing great!

God Bless!

Arminda
Fredo born 10/25/03 at 35 1/2 weeks - PE
Pregnant again EDD - 9/19/04
mintmommy

Postby mada » Sat Mar 13, 2004 05:57 am

Wow!! How exciting!! Okay, I had a friend who had a baby at 34 weeks 3 days and she was in NICU for 1 day only!! Under an oxygen tent!! Would they try to give you steriods for lung maturation? My OB told me usually if the edd is absolutley correct by 34 weeks lungs are developed. So, Let's hope that the case[:)][:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby jenny5 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 07:19 am

I had my daughter at 34 1/2 weeks. I received a steriod injection right before the c-section, I don't know if it had that much time to work. Lucy weighed 4 lbs 2oz. She had nasal oxygen for 2-3 days then blow by for maybe another 2 days. She spent a total of 7 days in the NICU and then home. She nursed nearly the entire time. For a healthy baby girl I think 34 weeks is nothing!
Good luck!!!

Jenny

Jenny
mom to Jake (8-28-98)
and Lucy (6-3-00) born 34 weeks due to severe pree
jenny5

Postby sherry fisher » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:11 am

Thanks Mada & Jenny! You two made me feel alittle better. I am worried adn excited all at once! lol I did not think she would need a vent...and still not sure. But hearing your experiences makes me feel a little better. We are sure of the due date. We had several U/S's at 8 & 10 weeks to make sure of the date. Plus, she is measuring ahead in size now. SO, we know she will be at least 5lbs. I actually had Alex at 35 weeks, but the ped said his gestation was 36 weeks.

We went today and bought just 4 preemie outfits. I was afraid all her clothes would smother her. I have several gowns, so I thought with those and 4 sleep and plays, that would be plenty. Plus, they grow SOOO fast! Also bought BF supplies I needed. Bags for storage in case we have to take BM to the hospital with us and she cant nurse. I think we have it all....any suggestions?!?!? I really want to make it to my WED or Fri appt. But I guess it depends on my BP's once I am there. I wanted to ask my OB what BP criteria she has before she will put me on MAG. Anyone know?!?!!? I really dont want this through labor, I want to be able to remember the birth of my daughter!

Sherry Fisher (28)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
sherry fisher

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?