Ovulation question

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Ovulation question

Postby alimarie » Fri Mar 12, 2004 04:45 pm

Hey ladies,

I figure you guys know about ovulation since many of you are el preggo right now! My husband and I have been trying for about three months now. I have been off my bcontrol for about four months. My periods are coming closer and closer together.....I think this month's cycle was only 23 days. What is going on? My question.....does your body need time to regulate itself after being on bcontrol for a while? With my daughter I was off bcontrol for about three months when we got pregnant with her. I am not freaking out yet that we are having problems I just want to know that my body is in good working order. What do you guys think?

Alimarie

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Re : Ovulation question

Postby julie f » Fri Mar 12, 2004 06:46 pm

Alimarie,

Not pregnant here but, thought I'd jump on... Have you ever read, Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I just got through with it and found it to be really, really helpful in figuring out my body. About birth control - I'm not too sure. I know that some people have issues after having depo but, I haven't heard much about the pill. Before I got pregnant with Zach, I had been on the pill for about a year and it took us three months of trying.

Hope you get your +++++++ soon!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby laura » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:57 pm

Julie's right- tcoyf is the way to go. If you start charting your temps and checking your- ahem- other signs, you should be able to tell if you're ovulating during these shorter cycles- I really like the software you can buy to go with tcoyf- charting via computer was so much easier for me!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby alimarie » Sat Mar 13, 2004 07:39 pm

Thanks ladies,

I may just check into that book. I knew I could once again count on you guys. My mom keeps telling me I need to take a test to be sure I am not already pregnant....she had a regular period with my brother. That's just the thing, my periods have not been all that normal. They started that way right after I got off the pill but now they are getting funky. they are lighter than normal and not as long. Who knows. I have the itch just to buy a test....what a weirdo!! I'll keep you posted.

alimarie

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby julie f » Sat Mar 13, 2004 09:52 pm

Alimarie,

Trust me, you're not a weirdo - or if so, count me in. I can't tell you how much money I have wasted on pregnancy tests in the past two years...[:I] Even in the past 8 months while I have been on the pill - sometimes I have been conviced that it has failed and I must be pg, of course I was never so lucky [;)]...

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby alimarie » Sun Mar 14, 2004 09:34 pm

Julie,

Thanks for assuring me I am not crazy! I have felt those little gas pains or bubbles and been sure I was pregnant before. It feels just like I remember my daughter feeling. Wishful thinking I guess. Sometimes I have wished I would find out when I was already further along so I didn't have to wait so long. I have always thought that might help with my impatience.

I got confirmation today that no test is needed this month! My period showed up with a vengence. man oh man

alimarie

Postby tahoe4 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:49 am

It takes about 3 months for your body to regulate itself after coming off bc pills, which is what I was told by my OB and GP.
tahoe4

Return to Pregnant Again?