Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Mada, I have a question 4U about success preg.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Mada, I have a question 4U about success preg.

Postby mintmommy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 07:43 pm

by mintmommy (327 Posts), Sun Mar 14, 2004 07:43 pm

Mada,

I noticed that you are a Mommy of 2 little ones and that they are very close in age.

The same will happen to me. They will be about 11 months apart (hopefully, if it goes full term, which I am praying for).

I wanted to ask you if you did anything different during your second pregnancy or did it just happen to turn out to be a full term???

[:)]Thanks,

Arminda
Fredo born 10/25/03 at 35 1/2 weeks - PE
Pregnant again EDD - 9/19/04
mintmommy

Re : Mada, I have a question 4U about success preg.

Postby alimarie » Sun Mar 14, 2004 09:35 pm

by alimarie (530 Posts), Sun Mar 14, 2004 09:35 pm

Arminda,

I am obviously not mada but I couldn't help but notice your kiddos will be so close together. You will be one busy momma. Let us know how it goes. Did you have your first early? Hopefully this one will come right on time!

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby mada » Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:03 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:03 am

Hi Arminda,
I didn't take any meds or supplements other than pre-natals if that's what you mean, but I was more sctive with my second pregnancy as you will find you will be too. Chasing around a toddler and going for walks ect. I did also eat more protien as I am a vegetatian, but I don't know if that helped. I always had my own little theory that because they were so close together, by body was "used" to the baby or sort of recognized it.
A suggestion I have for you is to maybe have a consult with a perinatologist(high risk OB). If you are comfortable already with your ob and feel you are getting good care, just be vigilant and watch your bp and record any new symptoms!! I am sure you are on edge as I was and many other women are waiting for something to happen, but just try to enjoy this time and focus in on Fredo right now. I really think that walking everyday was extremely helpful...It's a good time of year to be prego as it's warmer and you can be outside more[:)] Goodluck and I hope this helps!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby sweetiesuzy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:32 am

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:32 am

Hello there! i am not Mada either but thought I'd add a few cents. My theory is that all these bp issues can be pretty random. Some women have only one pregnancy with pe and others have all pregnancies with complications. It is a frustrating thing! Being proactive about your health and care is the best medicine. You know the signs and how your body feels and that is powerful!

Best of luck,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04(It will be July)
sweetiesuzy

Postby meg » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:57 am

by meg (1384 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:57 am

I am very similair to Mada in that mine are 16 months apart and I had no PE with the second. I have to wonder if the closeness helped ( like Mada's theory). Also, in my 2nd I did increase my protein quite a bit and I took C and E supplements in addition to my prenatals. I am now pregnant with my 3rd and these wont be so close in age. I am doing the protien again and the C and E but also calcium this time. I hope you and I both have an uneventful pregnancy!

Will 2-6-00 ( PE at 35 weeks)
Elizabeth 7-3-01 ( NO PE)
#3 EDD 10-25-04
Proud Aunt to Ethan born 27.5 weeks weighing 1lb 8 ounces! Our little fighter!
meg

Postby mintmommy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 01:02 pm

by mintmommy (327 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2004 01:02 pm

My Goodness!

You all might not believe this, but your responses made me feel much better. They had a great impact on me, for the best of course (I even became a bit teary). I have been worried these last weeks and this just made my day, just knowing that there is hope and that its all speculative and that everyone goes through different situations.

I will take you all's advice. You all make perfect sense. We all went through it already and one thing we learn is to make the best of any other pregnancy.

Mada - thank you for your great response. It makes feel better and I least I can feel more at peace now and just worry about anything whenever it comes around, which I hope it never does . . .

Alison - I had my first one, Fredo (Alfredo IV), at 35 1/2 weeks. His weight was 4 lbs. 1 ounce. He is now an almost 5 month baby, on the 25th, and he is now weighing close to 14 lbs. and is very healthy (thanks be to GOD). I will be more than glad to keep you all posted on this second pregancy [:D]

Suzanna - You are right. It helps to take care of our health as much as possible. We just try to make the best we can for now (given that there is no cure at the moment).

Meg - WOW!!! your baby's EDD is exactly a year after my baby boy was born (10/25/03). I wish you the best of luck!! [:)]

You know, maybe we can come up with the cure to this pregnancy condition. We have gathered so much evidence from so many women in this forums and continue to do so that eventually we can take that info., study it and who knows!!!??? [;)]

Thank you soooo much!

Arminda
Fredo born 10/25/03 at 35 1/2 weeks - PE 4 lbs. 1 ounce his weight now is 13 lbs. 12 oz.
Pregnant again EDD - 9/19/04
mintmommy

Return to Pregnant Again?