14 weeks and counting

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : 14 weeks and counting

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Hi Joy

Thanks for understanding! [:)]

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Dec 05, 2007 09:46 pm

I am sorry for your experience - I hope that you don't have to have that nurse again.

Take care.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 09:08 pm

UPDATE FROM DENISE

Hi Everyone,

Thought that I would post a quick update. I went in to see my OB today. He works as part of a team of OB's who will be following me throughout this pregnancy so I had never met him before today. Very nice and gentle person. I was able to have ALL of my questions answered and he was pretty reassuring with me. I will be 16 weeks along on Friday.

However, there was this VERY annoying nurse that I had to see before seeing my OB. She took my bp twice and both times it was around 140/100. It is ALWAYS lower than that at home and in fact it was 126/73 just yesterday. Prior to taking my bp she told me that I had 2+ protein in my urine dip (later in the day my nephrologist told me not to worry about that as the urinalysis that I did a week prior showed barely a trace of protein) and then she wonders WHY I would have high bp!! She also tried to hear baby's heartbeat with the microphone like thing that they move along your belly (doppler??)and she could not hear it. She said that since baby is so tiny right now it is very hard to hear the heartbeat. Well, WHY TRY THEN?? I asked her prior to that how many weeks along do you have to be before you can hear the h/b using that method and she was very vague with her answer. "Well, it depends on the position of the baby, etc. etc." I personally don't think that she should have tried at all.

The final annoyance with this nurse is that she said that I need to relax and that perhaps I should try yoga. ARRGH!! "No, I don't need to do yoga I just need a competent and understanding nurse that truly UNDERSTANDS that I have been through 2 second trimester losses!" Gosh, I wish that they would give all nurses and doctors in the high risk unit some sort of advanced SENSITIVITY training.

I actually think that SHE was the cause of my high bp. When the other Dr. took my bp today it went down to 130/90.

Anyways, I just needed to vent! Thanks for listening ladies. Maybe I am just extra hormonal today. [:D]

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 am

Yes, Denise, update us when you can!! I hope your appt goes well!!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Dec 05, 2007 00:29 am

Hey Denise,

didn't you have an appointment today? How'd you get on?

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 03:32 pm

Denise!

CONGRATS!! I'm so totally excited and happy for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for a totally boring and pe free pregnancy. I'll be watching for your posts. Good Luck, take care and keep us posted!! [:D]

ria

Postby ria » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Congratulations! I'm sending healthy placenta and baby vibes your way. You are a strong woman.

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Congratulations!!!! I don't think you are going bonkers at all...good for you for taking that leap! I can't wait to get to know you and hear your happy birth ending!!
Good luck!!
Kate

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:06 am

Isn't it amazing how strong the desire is for us moms to have babies - I wish you a smooth pregnancy!! Congratulations.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 am

Hey Lisa,

Thanks!! It is fantastic to be posting in the el-preggo section. YAY!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”