Luke has arrived

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Luke has arrived

Postby ann marie » Fri Mar 19, 2004 05:28 am

Good Morning Mommies,

Luke Matthew was born via c-section at 10:37 am on March 17th. He is a perfect little bundle. He is 5lbs 13 oz and 18 inches long. He had to go to the NICU for about 6 hours after he was born to regulate his blood sugar and monitor his breathing. By that evening he was doing well enough to come out of the NICU. His blood sugar is now stable and he is doing very well.

The delivery was interesting. His head was wedged firmly under my ribs and it took quite a bit of tugging to get him out. I had lots of vomiting and post delivery shakes the first night. I'm now doing fairly well. Up walking in the halls and eating regular food. My BP and pulses have been very good too.

The bedrest and worry was certainly worth it. He's just a dream. You can see pictures at www.ronsman.com/baby

Ann Marie
Proud mommy of 37 week Luke Matthew
ann marie

Return to Pregnant Again?