Post Reply FAQ Members Login

anyone with more than 3 with pre-e?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

anyone with more than 3 with pre-e?

Postby 3preemiekidz » Sun Mar 21, 2004 04:07 pm

I'm just wondering if I'm pushing my luck here. We have always wanted 5 kids and although I'm doing better with this pregnancy than with my others, my Dr. still thinks I will get pre-e and have to deliver early again. Has anyone else had more than 2 or 3 kids that they developed pre-e with? I feel I am in really good hands and am being watched over very closely. Am I being selfish to want one more?

Rebecca
Mom to Audri 3,
Ezra 2,
Liya 1
and #4 EDD 8/1/04
born at 35, 29 and 31 weeks due to Pre-e/HELLP
3preemiekidz

Re : anyone with more than 3 with pre-e?

Postby angelkat » Sun Mar 21, 2004 07:17 pm

Not sure if I should be running up for the prize but with all three of my preg I have had PE. The last preg ended at 25 weeks with the birth of our little girl. Currently 15 weeks preg and sure to get it again but praying it will only hit after 35 weeks....

Hugs
~T

Mommy to
Drew(13)
Ky (11)
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03) and little bud (Due 09/11/04)http://www.forevernetwork.com/Archive/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=%2FArchives%2FMountHope&CFID=1089289&CFTOKEN=79068509
angelkat

Postby deerhart » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:10 pm

I have had PIH/PE twice and would propably have it every time unless heprin would work for me.

Erin

Moderator - First Time Moms, Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex and Mason
deerhart

Postby amyk » Mon Mar 22, 2004 07:34 am

I've only had it twice, but I'm wondering the same thing myself...

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Postby haunaniv » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:04 am

Hi Rebecca -
We'd really like 5 children too, and just like you I've wondered if I'm pushing my luck as well. #4 is due June. I have had two PE pregnancies and one wonderfully uncomplicated one. With this one (#4) bp has been borderline so far, but no major complications. I have taken it really easy though. My doctor says that with PE you just never know. I really can't find any common factors between my pregnancies as to why or why not PE developed. Testing has not revealed any underlying health conditions. The only thing I can think of is that my family has a history of htn and with pregnancies #2 and #4 I started out in much better shape than the other two. I don't know if there is a correlation there. I guess our decision for #5 will greatly depend on the outcome of this pregnancy. If we make it without major complications then I will take some time to make sure I'm healthy and well, and then we'll try once more. If this pregnancy takes a turn for the worse then I am afraid we might be done. Good luck with everything.

Nancy: 36 yrs.
dd: 1994 - 40+ weeks, PE
dd: 1997 - 38 weeks, No Complications!
ds: 1999 - induced at 36 weeks, PE
Another boy! - EDD 6/23/04
haunaniv

Postby sherry fisher » Sat Apr 03, 2004 04:15 pm

Rebecca, I am on my fourth pregnancy. 2 With my first husband and 2 with my current. I had PE with my first one, PIH with my second one and Post partum PE with my third. With this one I have PE as well. you just really never know. Some women are different. I feel that I can grow the babies healthy inside me, but I take the brunt of the pregnancy on my body! Which is fine by me, I would whether me get sick than my babies!:) After Will, we knew that I could not take another pregnancy due to the problems. Needless to say, Allyson is a surprise baby! All the better! :) The possibilities scare me. Especially when I have 3 at home that I know can not go without a mommy! We have opted for the permanent solution to no more babies this time around. Although; When Will walked into the other room with a laundry basket over his lil' head with snot everywhere just a smiling like there was no care in the world...DH mentioned that he wanted another one! I 'Bout died!! I think, I hope that it was just something to say at that time. Because I know that I can not go through another pregnancy like this one. It was too emotionally draining for me and DH both. Not to mention, our parents!

Like I said, everyone is different. There is just no way to tell you for sure or not if you will have a 'normal' pregnancy! My OB did ask me if we were planning any more. When I told her no, she said that was a good thing. "Pregnancy is too hard on you, Sherry" Shes not a kiddin'!!

Good Luck in your decision! I would have one more in a minute if I had a guarentee of being PE free!!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04 - Allyson Mae
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Postby annegarrett » Sun Apr 04, 2004 01:07 pm

I had PE with the 1st, miscarried the 2nd, No problem with the 3rd, Severe Post-partum PE/HELLP with the 4th (3rd living) and was in high risk pregnancy care for the 5th and ended up getting PIH heading towards P/E (labs were inching up when I had a c-section at 36 weeks). So--3 bouts and 4 healthy, overwhelming, marvelous boys. Obviously, I appreciate the allure of a bigger family. All I can say though is LAUNDRY!! (Try 2-3 loads a day)

I am so done. With my luck God would say--you know--but you are so GOOD with boys.

Take care and best wishes with your decision.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby paljane8 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:33 am

Hey Anne,

Don't you wish there were disposable clothes!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby catherine » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:40 am

Nancy, I'm seriously thinking of having everyone strip down to underwear on the evenings and at weekends. If you are going to spill juice, chocolate and any sticky stuff, it's easier on me and my ancient machine to wash out underwear or pjs than fancy school uniform or "pretty girl gear". We're pretty relaxed in our neighborhood. Maybe they'd be ok with DH cutting the "w-awn" in his boxers..... maybe not [}:)].

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby paljane8 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:50 am

Catherine,

You're killin' me [:D]! I can just see the 'O'Connell nudy camp'.

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?