informal pg again poll

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : informal pg again poll

Postby evansmom » Thu Mar 25, 2004 08:21 am

Preg #1 - BP went up around week 25(135/85), then PIH @ week 29 (170/100)
Current Preg (24 wks) - BPs fairly stable through out/no significant rise (on aldomet 500mg BID since wk. 15, on atenolol prior)

Preg # 1 - BPs all over the place, even on meds and bedrest
Preg # 2- so far, stable

Preg # 1 - PIH diagnosis changed to Chronic Hypertension, no true PE
Preg # 2 - So far, no superimposed PE -- praying it stays that way!!!

Lauren 27
DH Jeff
Evan 12-9-01 (PIH @ 29 weeks)
EDD 7-11-04
evansmom

Re : informal pg again poll

Postby akemt » Thu Mar 25, 2004 09:44 am

Thanks for answering everyone! It looks like I'm in about the same boat as Laura and Erin so far. Like everyone else here I'm just wishing I knew what was going to happen. I feel like at this point I'm right to expect the hypertension with the way my BP has been acting.

Here's what is going on with me in case you want to know (and mostly because I want to tell [;)]):

Last pg's history- I had swelling early on and started seeing symptoms (with some labile but ignored BP's) about a month before my diagnosis at around 28/29 weeks. My BP's remained labile for a long time and around 35-36 weeks they started just staying high even while on "can't sit up" bedrest and I had my dd right at 37 weeks after a lengthy induction. I was put on bp meds after delivery but I do not remember when or for how long.

This pregnancy- My baseline started out at about 100's/60's and has slowly gone up to the 120's/70's in the mornings and 120's/80's in the evenings now when it should have been at it's lowest. My pulse is consistantly in the 100's while resting. My proteinuria has been at a trace for the past two months (still normal I know, just interesting). I've had about 4 BP spikes for no known reason (wasn't after activity, wasn't anxious, etc). The past few days I have taken my BP 2-3 times in the afternoon/early evening when Emma takes her naps. They are as follows:

March 23
142/88 p 126
138/90
120/70 1 108

March 24
132/70 p 114
138/76 p 135

I have not called them in just yet...wanting to see a bit more of a hypertensive trend since I do not think they could diagnose yet. Luckily my doctor agrees that I am at increased risk because of the previously mentioned things and even asked if I wanted 2 wk apt's already at 20 wks pg. I think I might take her up on that sooner than I had expected.

I was just wondering if the expectation to continue towards hypertension is valid since I feel so but still get the "you're not going to get it again" stuff from family, well...mostly my mother [:I]. Funny how much pull mothers can still have. lol

Sorry it got so long and thankyou again!

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?