Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Quick update - Graphic and TMI

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : Quick update - Graphic and TMI

Postby julie f » Tue Apr 06, 2004 01:11 pm

Yay Bonnie!! I am so happy to hear that there is a heartbeat!!!! And, that the bleed is reducing in size, that's great news!!! Thanks for the update!!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby paljane8 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 06:05 pm

Oh, Bonnie, I am SO glad! I am waiting on pins and needles to hear how it goes next week! I bled with Saren too. After 2 misscariages I figured we were headed for another but, apparently you can ovulate while you are preg-go figure! I am just so glad there was a heart beat!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby bonnie » Tue Apr 06, 2004 06:19 pm

Thanks Ladies.

Mada, from what I understand a subchorionic bleed is where the placenta has not attached itself properly to the uterus. Thus, it is delicate and bleeds where it comes apart from the uterus. Because of the bleeding and potential lack of oxygen it can cause a miscarriage. However, if they see a fetal heartbeat then the chances are slimer that that will happen. They said that it can take a very long time for the bleed to repair itself. As a result, I am STILL on "restricted duties". I am not supposed to lift "heavy" things (do you think that includes a 25 lb son?? [;)]) and am supposed to stay "off of my feet" as much as possible (should I remind them that I have a 20 month old running everywhere? [:I]). --I am 9 weeks, so pretty early.

I hope to find out more at my appt w/ dr e in two weeks.

Thanks again for all of your support and prayers. I am sure that it makes an enormous difference!!!

I just hope that since this preg is starting out rocky that it means the rest of it will be smooth sailing!!!!!!

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni
bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby annegarrett » Tue Apr 06, 2004 06:43 pm

You have a lot of local ladies who would be happy to jump in and help! Contact Nancy to set something up--we can rotate through--visit, take Yoni, bring food, just you say the word.

You are definitely in my prayers.

Big hugs!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby lauras » Wed Apr 07, 2004 04:36 am

I had a subchorionic hemmorhage at 6 weeks with this pregnancy. By the 18 week ultrasound, it had healed itself. I, too was on bedrest for a week after any bleeding and no heavy lifting.

Hang in there!

Laura 32
DH 32
Isabella 11/25/01 - 30 wks -severe pe
Another girl! 8/24/04
lauras

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Apr 07, 2004 02:54 pm

Bonnie,
so glad to hear that things are looking up[:D] you know I will come over and help, in fact I really should give you a quick call[:)] I hope things keep on looking good[:)] I know its hard to keep off your feet, I can't even imagine with Yoni running amuck[:)] We are all definitly here for you[:)]

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:33 weeks of bedrest!, PIH(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/indigopage/
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks
5thtymachrm

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?