Post Reply FAQ Members Login

ever just want to be normal

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : ever just want to be normal

Postby sherry fisher » Sun Mar 28, 2004 06:01 am

My husband works for a very reputable company. All this in and out of the hospital has left him taking some FMLA days to be with me. (Saving vacation for this summer with the kiddos!) He has been getting comments right and left about taking off for a pregnancy from the guys he works with. I get SOOOOOO angry when he tells me what they say. I told him that he needed to tell them if this pregnancy was a walk in the park like most of their wives then Sure, he would be at work!

I want so badly to send in all of the times I have been in the hospital or handouts on PE! DH blows them off and goes about his business, maybe I should not let it bother me...but it does! It angers me first of all that no man should get belittled for being at Dr's appts with his pregnant wife.. Then you add PE and all that into the mess and you have a wife who really needs her husband through at least some of the appts and procedures. *, If he would be at all of mine, it would take anywhere from 3-5 days a week. Literally! Being pregnant for me, is a full time job! lol

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04 - Allyson Mae
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Pregnancy Updates, ultrasound pictures, and the countdown: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Postby iansmom » Sun Mar 28, 2004 07:49 pm

I'm with you!! Yes, I love being home with my husband (stay at home dad) and child but I would much rather be experiencing a normal pregnancy. Last week at the Peri's office, the nurse is asking all the any headaches, vision problems, cramping, etc questions. I keep saying no and she responds with "just normal pregnancy stuff?" I laughed out loud. After all, would I have been there if this was a normal pregnancy?? It certainly changes your perspective on things.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
#2 EDD July 15, 2004
iansmom

Postby megansmom » Mon Mar 29, 2004 08:29 am

Wow, to have a normal pregnancy! What a blessing that would be!!! I am not pregnant again yet, but it already scares me to death. I am so nervous about even trying again. I wish I could be like all my friends and be so excited about having another one, but I just can't. Maybe I am just not ready yet. Maybe I never will be. Who know? I am so glad to know that there are others out there who understand wanting to be normal. This is such a great support system here. I can hardly wait to really get more involved!

Amanda, SAHM to Megan born at 34 weeks due to pe
megansmom

Postby haunaniv » Mon Mar 29, 2004 06:52 pm

It's wonderful to hear from other women who feel the same! I don't think anyone can really understand the emotional rollar coaster involved with all this without having experienced it themselves. -- I did have one "normal" pregnancy. My second one was the PERFECT pregnancy. No complications whatsoever, and a wonderful 2 hour delivery. I acutally enjoyed (can you believe that? [:)]) being pregnant. I can't figure it out because with the 1st and 3rd I had PE, and this time around (#4) has not been any picnic so far. I guess in the back of my mind there's always the hope that I'll have another pregnancy like the second. Yes, it would be nice to have an uncomplicated pregnancy and not have to worry about every symptom. With all this said, I guess having complications has given me a deeper appreciation and love for the children that I do have, as well as compassion for other women suffering the same.

Nancy: 36 yrs.
dd: 1994 - PE, born at 40+ weeks
dd: 1997, No Complications, born at 38 wks.
ds: 1999, PE, induced at 36 wks.
Another boy! - EDD 6/23/04
haunaniv

Postby pugmommy7 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 08:39 pm

Sandy,
GOD do I feel you!

~Jennifer

Mama to Bella,1/02/03, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,& HELLP.
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04
pugmommy7

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?