38 week appt!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mrs. sagara

Re : 38 week appt!

Postby mrs. sagara » Sun Jun 23, 638289 11:43 am

Sounds like you have a good doctor.
It is Monday and we'll be waiting on the good news of your delivery.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sun Jun 23, 638289 3:51 am

Hoping your little boy arrived safe and sound today!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for some pics.I know tho I have been taught to be patient, apparently people don't feel like getting on message boards hours after delivery LOLOLOL! I finally understood why after my section LOL. I hope right now your take home baby is in your arms and all is well with you!

mkvh

Postby mkvh » Thu Feb 17, 638287 4:18 am

You're welcome ;) I looked at the monitor and went [:0] My nurse said, "Don't worry...totally normal for recovery." My first BP in my room was 110s/70s. Oh, did I breathe a sigh of relief!

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Wed Feb 16, 638287 5:33 pm

WOW, that IS exciting!!!! And I agree with someone who said your pregnancy went fast!!! I suppose they all do when you're watching them from the outside!

Good luck! Can't wait to see pix!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Feb 16, 638287 3:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by summerw77

LOL @ The enjoying the last 5 days prego, you know your just dying to get that little boy out! How has your pregnancy been btw? I mean like are you feeling pretty good most of the time?

Thanks for asking, Summer!!!!!! I'm still hanging in there and hoping to get to Monday so I can get my doctor (he's not on call until then). This pregnancy has been very good. I had morning sickness from weeks 6 until 23 so that was no fun, but after that point, I felt good. Last time, I had horrible sciata and not once did I have it this time.

I have come down with a cold so that kinda stinks but considering all of the sickness going around me, I can't believe it's the first one I've had!! I hope it's gone by Monday as it's a deep cough in my chest that will certainly hurt to do after the c-section. Yikes.

quote:Originally posted by mkvh
My BPs were high in recovery after my c/s but then were GORGEOUS my entire hospital stay. Don't freak at the high ones after the c/s, 'kay???

Glad you warned me. I will try not to freak if they are high. The good thing is my OB and I have already discussed post partum pre-e and he realizes how serious it can be. I feel good about that.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Feb 16, 638287 3:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by mkvhIt seems that if you don't have underlying conditions and are asymptomatic with the subsequent pregnancy, OBs tend to let you go to 39-40w. Pretty much as if you were a "normal" preggo but with monitoring to be sure nothing is going south.

Exactly!!! I had very frequent appts and was told if BP ever hit 140/90, we would deliver at 37 weeks. It got close (138/86) but that was as high as it got and it went down soon after that reading. I know 37 weeks is considered full term, but I have a friend of mine that's a NICU nurse and told me 38 weeks is safer than 37 so that was always my goal. I was also checking my BP's at home and would've went in if they reached that number and I know he would've taken him at that point.

mkvh

Postby mkvh » Sun Feb 06, 638287 3:22 pm

summer--Not Heather, but I went to 41w after a PE pregnancy! It seems that if you don't have underlying conditions and are asymptomatic with the subsequent pregnancy, OBs tend to let you go to 39-40w. Pretty much as if you were a "normal" preggo but with monitoring to be sure nothing is going south. Especially if you had a "typical" occurence of PE in the first place--first pregnancy, close to term, etc. At least that was the case for me.

mkvh

Postby mkvh » Sun Feb 06, 638287 2:03 pm

Congrats on making it to 38 WEEKS!!! And good luck on MONDAY. Soo soon. Yippeeee! A take-home baby w/ no PE. :D

My BPs were high in recovery after my c/s but then were GORGEOUS my entire hospital stay. Don't freak at the high ones after the c/s, 'kay???

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sat Feb 05, 638287 5:00 pm

LOL @ The enjoying the last 5 days prego, you know your just dying to get that little boy out! How has your pregnancy been btw? I mean like are you feeling pretty good most of the time? Why didn't they just take him at 37 weeks with your history I'm just curious?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 638287 8:34 pm

Hey Heather,

You are coming down to the home stretch!! [:)] Hooray!! Congrats.

I can't wait to hear all about your birth story. Post when you can.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”