Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Eclamptic

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Eclamptic

Postby loveyoulots96 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:28 am

by loveyoulots96 (1 Posts), Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:28 am

Greetings:

New member here! I have a 7 year old son, and am pregnant now, or at least think that I may be, will find out Friday:)

During my son's pregnancy, It was great up until the last 5 weeks, I developed hbp, swelling, protein, etc... I was due November 12, was induced on October 31, had a seizure (went eclamptic) on the morning of 11/2, followed by an emergency c-section, (very unfortunate). I am terrified that this will happen again, this time maybe sooner, or something could happen to the baby or me. My obgyn is a high risk dr. he told me that if I decide to have another child, I should loose weight (which I have not) and he would put me on a baby aspirin once daily, but that still does not ease my mind, there are conflicting articles on the internet, some say that your chances are greater in your second, and some say that your chances are smaller, which is true? Just looking for advice, any would be greatly appreciated

CM Lindler
loveyoulots96

Return to Pregnant Again?