First MFM appt.... 32 weeks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kezt777

Re : First MFM appt.... 32 weeks

Postby kezt777 » Fri Aug 30, 638289 9:35 pm

thanks again. i find that every morning when i wake up, i dont want to do anything at all until ive felt the baby move a few times, then i can start my day. until then i cant even breathe. but i keep saying 'tomorrow i have another appt, and then another and another' so im glad about that.

mrs sagara, sending tons of positive thoughts and prayers your way xxx let us know how its going!!

mrs. sagara

Postby mrs. sagara » Thu Aug 29, 638289 3:12 pm

I agree with everyone, it seems like they are keeping a close eye on you as they should. Although I must admit it is always scary. I was in the ER last weekend and at my drs. during the wk. and I am only 5 wks along. Take care of yourself

mom29

Postby mom29 » Mon Aug 19, 638289 6:20 pm

Competent dr. AND staff, wow you really are in good hands.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Aug 19, 638289 5:40 am

The good news is that your MFM sounds like he is really up on things. All of the checks along the way should help ease your mind - I know that it did for me during my last pregnancy. Make sure you write down your questions - it is so easy to forget when faced with new news. Take care.

kezt777

Postby kezt777 » Sun Aug 18, 638289 1:07 am

thanks :) the doc today is the one who cared for my best friend through all three of her GD pregnancies and she was hoping i would get him. unfortunately he is away the rest of the month, but apparently his partner is just as nice, and direct too - they dont leave you guessing, just say it like it is so you know where you stand. and he had his nurses hopping to book 6 appts in the next 3 weeks and they are all super nice too. so while a bit stunned, i felt good about it all and like they all cared. the main nurse has the same name as me and she kept looking at me and saying 'just take care of yourself. if you have any worries at all, just come straight here to L&D' etc etc.

mom29

Postby mom29 » Sun Aug 18, 638289 1:00 am

Sorry you got unexpected news today, but I am glad you appear to be in watchful competent hands now.

kezt777

Postby kezt777 » Sun Aug 18, 638289 12:53 am

thanks patty. i keep hoping that perhaps they just couldnt get a good reading of the cord last week and monday will tell a diff story. but then again, if it is going wrong now, i am 32 weeks so its not exactly terrible. i would be completely freaking out if i was only 24 weeks or something like so many here... but i would really like to go as long as possible to pack some chubbiness on this baby cos he is only about 3 lbs right now.

patty

Postby patty » Thu Aug 08, 638289 7:05 pm

Sorry things all seem to be happening at once. That is too bad about the umbilical cord. I hope you get to hang in there until at least 37 weeks. At least they are being proactive and keeping everything under close watch. Will be thinking of you . Take care.

kezt777

Postby kezt777 » Thu Aug 08, 638289 11:18 am

oh PS - he said my liver function and platelets were all good so he was happy with that.

kezt777

First MFM appt.... 32 weeks

Postby kezt777 » Thu Aug 08, 638289 11:07 am

.... well i had a bit of an unwelcome surprise at my first MFM appt today (called maternal fetal assessment clinic here). i went in thinking that they would just review my files, perhaps take over my 'case', and just continue with the usual appts because my last ones seemed to go pretty well. but instead i was informed that i need another ultrasound on monday, not really just because they want to see the spine properly, but because the cord isnt doing as it should :( i think i just sat there with my mouth hanging open because i didnt have that happen with my first two kids even with PE the first time and much higher BP with my second. he said its not 'bad' but i have to have weekly ultrasounds from now on (its listed on my papers as checking the 'umbilical artery resistive index') as well as weekly appts and NSTs.

my bp was 150/100 for him and the nurse and then after almost 45 mins of resting, it was still 145/90 so he upped my methyldopa to 1500mg a day. i have the ultrasound and appt on monday, and then im booked every week twice a week for various things until april 4th. they will let me know the rest of the dates as we go along. he also said 'we are aiming to get you to 36 or 37 weeks' and said if my bp goes above 160 on top or above 100 on bottom, he would like me in hospital to fiddle around with medicine combinations. again i just kind of sat there going 'ummmm ummmmmm ummmm' cos i was not prepared. i did wonder tho after the ultrasound because so far baby had been measuring a week ahead of schedule but last week he was about 5 days behind. i didnt worry too much about it at the time because i also know that the guesstimates are not always accurate (both my kids were quite a ways off from ultrasound guesses, for example). but now... hmmm i just dont know.

he also said he looked through all my 24 hour urines and my protein WAS elevated! i was always told it was not and that there was no concern. i also believe there was something about the creatinine but i was sort of brain dead by then. so i have to do weekly 24hours from now on as well. wow... here i was thinking i would have to get to 38 weeks before they would think about doing anything, and instead they are talking about 36-37 weeks at the most. but we shall see, it all depends on baby's growth and my BP i guess. im REALLY glad the doc from last week's clinic referred me over because it sounds like it was right on time!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”