Frustrated!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melissaparsons

Re : Frustrated!

Postby melissaparsons » Thu Apr 10, 2008 09:32 am

That's a funny story, Patty! Maybe you can spend half your birthday with your little one, and the other half just you and hubby (thank goodness for babysitters!)

patty

Postby patty » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 pm

My last baby was born on my birthday. I was on hospital bedrest and they said they were planning on getting me to 34 weeks which was on my Birthday but it was on a Sunday so they were going to do my section that Monday, the day after my bday as they did not want to do it on a weekend. Well they ended up having to do it that Sunday anyway because things were going down hill and I got my birthday present. I now realize that it might not have been the best plan. On his 1st birthday I had 2 cakes one for him and one for me (mine was pink for crying out loud) and after we sung happy birthday and did the candles on his cake we went to do mine and everybody sang happy birthday to Raleigh again lol.

melissaparsons

Postby melissaparsons » Mon Apr 07, 2008 09:54 pm

Yeah, he said it's possible that closer to the time, he might change it, but for now, he didn't want to change the date. So, I guess we'll see!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 pm

We scored an early section at 37 weeks with a mature flma, and Ella still ended up sharing her birthday with my nephew and niece (I totally didn't care, though, 'cause I wanted her OUT! LOL!). Maybe he'll budge a little closer to time?

melissaparsons

Postby melissaparsons » Sun Apr 06, 2008 09:47 pm

Well, I'm thinking the earlier, the better. So, if that means him sharing his birthday with everyone, so be it. I was just hoping he would be willing to do it the Friday before June 2nd, but I understand why he doesn't feel comfortable with that. I'm not as bummed anymore. And it's nice to know a date that he will be here by.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 02:58 pm

Yeah, I'm surprised he wouldn't do it just one day early. Mine was scheduled at 38 weeks and 6 days. Oh, wait. June 2nd is a Monday. I've never heard of an OB scheduling a c-sec on the weekend and I bet he won't do it 3 days early. That stinks!!! I wonder if you could schedule it on June 3rd and get discharged on June 5th in the morning so you can come home on Ben's b-day. I was discharged 2 days later.

Good luck deciding!!!

melissaparsons

Postby melissaparsons » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 am

Whoa! Did they plan it that way? (c-sections?) Yeah, Samuel would share with my Dad and a couple other people if it goes as planned.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:14 am

Go ahead and complain - we all have our reason for wanting different b-days.

I once had a boyfriend who shared a birthday with his sister and his mom - big party day in his house.

Take care.

melissaparsons

Frustrated!

Postby melissaparsons » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:57 am

Well, compared to a lot of things most of you are going through, this is nothing, but a mild complaint. [:I]But here goes. I'll be having a c-section on or before June 2nd. My first was a c-section, and I'd rather centralize the damage in the same place, instead of asking for damage both places, so I opted for a c-section. Anyway, he scheduled it for 39 weeks before they did an ultrasound because of measuring big. The ultrasound showed the baby measuring 2 weeks ahead, which is wonderful! I'm glad that he is big and healthy, and because of this, I was hoping to maybe bump the c-section up a couple days, so he doesn't have to share a birthday with everyone in the whole world (three people in my family). I would do the c-section later, but then I would stand the chance of going into labor before then, and I wouldn't be home for Ben's birthday. Anyway, he's not willing to move it up any, unless I start showing signs of labor or PE. I understand he wants to be cautious and make sure the baby is mature, but I figured a couple days would be okay. Oh, well. I just wanted to complain a little so that I wouldn't complain to everyone here at home.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”