Bedrest prep question

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Bedrest prep question

Postby akemt » Mon Apr 05, 2004 02:22 pm

Okay, so since my doctor seems to want to classify me (whenever she does) with PIH instead of underlying chronic htn so the possibility of bedrest is much more likely. At almost 22 weeks and becoming borderline, I'm not too thrilled about it! LOL

So, I know there have been posts about this in the past but haven't found them. What are the suggested preparations for those expecting bedrest in the near future? I went through 8 wks of strict bedrest last pg and it was by no means fun! Also, I had no support really from anyone other than dh...and that is a ton of work for him. This pregnancy, I have family, friends and people at church that will help out whenever there is a need. (moved back to my home town) So...what kind of things should I be saying/asking? Should I bring it up with them? What do I need to plan?

Thanks ladies!

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Return to Pregnant Again?