Bright Smiley News

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Bright Smiley News

Postby jenny5 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 08:32 am

Hello everyone,

I have posted a couple of times, but mostly I've been listening and learning so much! I am under midwife care, which I adore, but I did take everyone's advice and had an appointment with a peri. It was wonderful! I had an ultrasound and found out the I am closer to 16 weeks than 14 and that we are having a boy!!!! The baby looks wonderful, his cord circulation and the placental circulation are great. [8D] The Doctor could even get a measurement of the back of the neck, which apparantly is a good screen for Down's, and it was normal. He saw no reason for an amnio (yeah!!) which is a huge relief. (I will be 36 when little Sam is born.) The peri said he saw no reason to see me again (!) unless my regular OB and midwives found a problem. So I am still going to be careful and eat well and rest a lot, but I feel I have gotten the okay to be "normal" (if you know what I mean!). I am even with an OB group that will do VBACs, which is extremely rare in my area. Just had to share the good news with people who really understand!!!

p.s. - I think I will still check my pressures once a day ......

Jenny

mom to Jake (8-28-98)
and Lucy (6-3-00) born 34 weeks due to severe pree
New baby due 10/01/04
jenny5

Re : Bright Smiley News

Postby catherine » Tue Apr 06, 2004 09:15 am

That is wonderful news Jenny[:D][:D][:D]. I'm a little disappointed that you aren't having a candidate for a "Chloe". I hope that you're going to have the pregnancy that I enjoyed with her!!!!!! Up to now, it's been scary what a pair of Internet/Psychic twins we are.

I'm not going to say, don't worry.. because I know you will, especially as things move along, just enjoy each of the good days, I'm sure there's going to be many.

BTW, I have this cool boy name going a begging.... Ultan Robert...maybe, if you can't think of anything else.... pretty please...[:o)]

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Tue Apr 06, 2004 09:53 am

Okay, I have to join in on the weird wagon[:D] Sam is my first son who's middle name is Jake and if I ever have a girl I plan on naming her after my 94 year old spunky Italian aunt ...Lucia. Lucy for short!!!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby catherine » Tue Apr 06, 2004 09:59 am

OK Mada, I'm with Laura, stop messing with our heads and get to work on "Lucy" OK!![}:)][:o)]

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby paljane8 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 06:16 pm

I am so happy for you, Jenny! As if being further along weren't good enough news...you trumped it with possibility or rather hope for a 'normal' (is that possible?) preg! How's that for a run-on sentence?! Reguardless of my grammer or lack there of, very cool news! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby jenny5 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:52 am

Thank you for all the congrats!

It seems like we might be a set of cyber-triplets going on here! Ultan is a very cool name. My husband would never go for it though...he didn't even like my idea of Ryer (I love it [;)]). Sam was my second choice. Who knows, you might need Ultan some day!

Stay happy and well!!

Jenny

mom to Jake (8-28-98)
and Lucy (6-3-00) born 34 weeks due to severe pree
Baby Sam due 9/20/04
jenny5

Return to Pregnant Again?