What are you Craving?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hols537

Re : What are you Craving?

Postby hols537 » Sat Apr 22, 638293 1:33 pm

My major craving in both pregnancies has been cheese. I never identified it as a craving until I noticed the grocery cart one day. It was filled with all different kinds of cheese (pizza, sliced cheese, blocks of cheese, cheese filled pasta - just about any form of cheese I could find). The funny thing about it is that I'm normally lactose intolerant, but somehow can tolerate more while pregnant. I just assume it's my body telling me I need more calcium and indulge - I know my cheese loving days are over once the baby is born...

Oh, and frozen Yodels. Although, I try to indulge that one only occassionally :)

sonnet15

Postby sonnet15 » Sat Apr 22, 638293 1:00 pm

For my first pregnancy I was all about vinegar-- vinegar fries, pickles by the jarful... fish sticks... you name it.

Now it seems my food of choice is salad. That's all I'm really truly interested it. Give me a nice big salad with lots of veggies and just a bit of Ranch dressing and I am in Food Heaven. Mmmmm food... :)

amarah

Postby amarah » Wed Apr 12, 638293 5:58 pm

Lol this is sooo funny! I love oranges right now, and of course steak....I think this is cuz our body in a way is telling us that it needs the things these items provide. In the begginning I craved artichoke dip from outback steak house, but I ate so much it makes me wanna puke just looking at it :) lol Funny

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 12, 638293 2:42 pm

Hi Kelly,

I drink a lot of water and I eat a lot of granny smith apples. An apple a day is supposed to keep the doctor away, after all. [;)] Although I do admit to having the odd slice of pizza and potato chip. [:0] Please forgive me, baby. [:)]

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Wed Apr 12, 638293 11:54 am

I've had an odd craving for things with vinegar in it...like cole-slaw with a vinegar base instead of mayo--and cucumbers soaked in vinegar..weird huh? My husband just laughs because typically this isn't like me. Earlier it was orange juice.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Tue Apr 11, 638293 4:12 pm

Glad your feeling well! Your really an expert on this pregnancy stuff LOL SIX! Sheesh!

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Tue Apr 11, 638293 3:47 pm

Maybe that will mean your kiddo will be a green bean lover!

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Tue Apr 11, 638293 1:07 pm

LOL - I know I'm preggo because I'm reading all these things going "Oh...yeah... THAT would taste awesome!!!" including the coke icee. [:D]

Well, I'm glad its not just me. I thought I was supposed to be craving ice cream and chocolate and that kind of stuff! Instead, I'm having days where I'm *dreaming* about green beans like I used to *dream* about chocolate LOL!

Kelly

blznbec

Postby blznbec » Tue Apr 11, 638293 10:45 am

Early on it was oranges, now it is hot carrots from any Mexican restaurant and anything spicy. Last time it was Coke Icee's at any given time of the day! I couldn't eat ANY meat with my son. Luckily I don't have that problem this time around.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Tue Apr 11, 638293 8:38 am

Oranges and stawberry yogurt now. I, too, had the steak craving earlier for about a month and a half ... thankfully my parents indulged that craving for me and kept my freezer full till it subsided. And, oddly grits.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”