Braxton Hicks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lucy

Re : Braxton Hicks

Postby lucy » Tue May 16, 638293 9:19 pm

ouch hope everythings nice and closed so you can keep that baby cooking keep us updated of course.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Sun May 14, 638293 9:01 pm

Okay, I didn't go, but the contractions did stop last night. Had a chat with the peri's office, who bumped up my appointment so I can go in on Wednesday to have my cervix checked. Fun, fun! This was, of course, with the agreement that if things seem to be worsening, I'll head in.

So right now we're status quo, and hoping to stay that way!

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Fri May 05, 638293 6:57 am

Go... do not make monkeys of us again!! I speak as another who knows of more than one way to deliver a child ahead of their due date KWIM?

I'm hoping to hear that you are po'd with us for making you spend all that money on gas ... for no good reason!!!

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Thu May 04, 638293 7:39 pm

I've been into L&D twice now with the same thing--they didn't really call them BH but they didn't not call them BH either if that makes any sense. They said that I have an irritable uterus. Contractions did show up on the screen and they said that I should come in if I have them again. I have them on and off....actually today I'm having them again so I'm going to drink about 20 ounces of water and lay down--if they go away I'll be fine, if they don't I'll probably be going in this afternoon.

Try drinking a lot of water and laying on your left side-sometimes it helps to sleep and then if you still have them, make the drive. Better be safe than sorry-looks like we're due around the same time-my EDD is 7/9...still too early to have baby;..so I'd get checked.
Good luck.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu May 04, 638293 8:35 am

For me when it was "just" bh - if I moved around they got better, when it was the actual contractions I could not do anything to make them better.

That being said, I was only 12ish minutes from the hospital, you never know what could happen on that drive!

Take care. I can't wait to hear what happens.....

Postby Guest » Wed May 03, 638293 4:22 am

Jenn,

I would make the drive. Better to be safe than sorry. Let us know what happens.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Apr 24, 638293 8:03 am

I would make the drive, too.

To calm your nerves in the meantime, I had them with Ella and they were very much like you are describing (pretty constant, but totally irregular and quite painful). I felt them at night, too. Every single time they checked, everything was fine, but it sure didn't feel like it.

With the history, I'd haul myself in for sure, though.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Mon Apr 24, 638293 7:30 am

Jenn - as the person who brushed the darned things off last time, and then you promptly had a baby, I'm saying take the drive.

I don't think BH would wake you up.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Braxton Hicks

Postby jenndola » Mon Apr 24, 638293 7:07 am

Everything I've read says that BH contractions are pretty much painless up until right before you deliver. Has anyone found that NOT to be the case? I'm assuming I'm having BH, because there's no regular interval between them, but it feels like my period just started as far as the cramping goes. I'd head into L&D to be sure, but it's about an hour and a half away and I really hate going up there when it's not a total emergency.

They're bad enough that they've woken me up for 2 nights running. Is that normal?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”