Ready to start trying?!?!?!?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : Ready to start trying?!?!?!?

Postby sandy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 01:43 pm

Oh Julie!! I feel for you. I know you are so ready to get on with things. Wish I had advice for you on this one...but I don't.

I was having some "should we, should we not"'s over the past week. My DH is "leaving it up to me", too. I have the chronic hypertension but am on meds, I do have protein showing (236), just found out I have high cholesterol (genetic), have the asthma...over the past week I've been thinking should we wait a little longer; could I be working on any or all of these potential risk factors to get them even a little better...

I just called the peri we saw for the preconception consultation a month or so ago...ran these questions by him. He couldn't tell me that waiting and working on any of these things would definitely make a difference.

As of this moment, my thinking is that as soon as it's time (any week now?!), I think we're still going to go for it.

Here's something that is giving me hope as of yesterday, that even with all the medical knowledge out there, miracles do happen:

A good friend of mine who went through trying to conceive, and then 2 years of IVF treatments finally got her baby a year ago...multiple doctors told her and her DH over years and years that there was no way they would ever conceive on their own. Yesterday when I saw her...she whipped out a positive pregnancy test and after my being stunned, we cried and cried.

Miracles do happen. And I wish a miracle for you, too.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP/chronic HBP/asthma
sandy

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?