by julie f (7993 Posts), Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:13 am
Well.... here's a quick update - I'm frustrated![}:)]
My big question was - If I get pg this month, I'll have been on the meds for 2 months, (An ace-inhibitor that is hopefully working on my blood vessels/kidneys and keeping me from spilling protein, it must be discontinued once a ++ test comes) and, is that adequate, are we ok to start trying? Well of course, I was hoping for and expecting the big green light... We didn't really get a yes or a no though... I know better than thinking there were an absolutes when it comes to preeclampsia but, I guess I was just hoping... The response I got was that if I am concerned, it would be worthwhile to check my urine again to see what my numbers are and that a decrease would be encouraging. I know this is the best medical advice, I just really wanted a quick and easy, "Yes, go for it!"
So, I talked with Andy about this and his response was, "Well, it's up to you." [:(!] WHAT???? He said that he just has no idea what to do anymore about this. He said, "If it's still over 100, do we wait forever for the medicine to work? We don't even know if it will work. If it's at 50mg, do we wait and see if it goes closer to 0, what if it never does and we're waiting and waiting... What if it's at 10mg, is that good enough?" Too be honest, I'm kind of with him on this one... I just want to get pregnant and have a baby. But, I can't help but think that if I get pg right now and then develop pe later, I'll wonder in the back of my mind if doing the 24 hour and then waiting longer may have changed the outcome... KWIM?
So, I just put a call into my dr. to request another 24 hour and then we'll go from there... Right now we're just praying that the results come back, before I ovulate [;)], and, significantly lower...
Sorry to vent. I'm just having one of those frustrating days when you realize (again) that it's not as simple as getting pregnant (not like that's an easy feat though...!) and bringing home a healthy baby... And, I could just about kick Andy's buns for thinking it's ok to dump this decision in my lap... Thanks for listening, I'll let you know when I get the results.
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
Southern California Coordinator