Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Kazbro

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Kazbro

Postby akemt » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:35 am

Kaz, I thought you needed your own topic so your posts wouldn't get lost at the bottom of someone else's.

Here is Kazbro's last post:

"hi i`m having a lot of swelling all over, my urine showed traces of protein ans i`m having severe headaches. my blood pressure is 130/80 which isn`t to bad but i`m also finding i`m getting vert short of breath not sure if i`m heading down the same road or not. i saw my midwife at 17 weks and she didn`t seem to concerned but i`m due to see the ob`s at 22 weeks and think i should mention all this to him.
i`m maybe just a bit scared but after losing 6 babies i am just a bit concerened.
kaz xx" (Posted by Kazbro on 4/11/04)

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Re : Kazbro

Postby akemt » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:37 am

Kaz, I'd call and let them know what is going on. What is your baseline BP? Do you know?

Hope all is well,

Catherine (22), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Baby #2 due August 11, 2004
akemt

Postby kazbro » Tue Apr 13, 2004 00:50 am

hi catherine thanks for that i`m new here so not sure where to post things. my BP is normally 120/70 so it hasn`t risen much but i do feel sometimes that it could be raging and my heart beats a lot faster. i see the MW again in 2 weeks but i dont see the OB`S until i`m 22 weeks.
i was sitting watching the telly the other day and i felt like someone was trying to suffocate me and the top of my tummy hurt then i was very sick and left with a headache.
i don`t like making a nuisance of myself so am trying to hang on in there at least until i`m 20 weeks and see the midwife again, i`m now 18weeks 4days.
i`v had complications at different times when i carried my sons but never this early so thats whats making me feel maybe it`s me although i cant put on the swelling, i look like a pufferfish somedays "LOL"
i`ll keep you informed as to what happens but maybe a phone call to the doc is a good idea even if he says nothing is wrong.
i probably sound stupid but i rushed my self to hospital once when i was 20 weeks i had similar probs and was told there was nothing wrong and sent home. that night my waters broke and i lost my little boy 3 hours later.
i`ll chat soon
kaz xx

kaz 38
sons:
jamie 1991 35w/hip
antony 1993 36w/pe
karl 1995 36w/pe
dean 1997 37w
baby due 10th sept 2004
6 angel babies sleeping
kazbro

Postby julie f » Tue Apr 13, 2004 01:00 am

Kaz,

I'm with Catherine, I'd definitely give them a call. And, with your past history, you'd definitely be considered high-risk, can you ask your midwife/OB for a referral to a high-risk OB?

Don't worry about making a nuisance of your self - you are a concerned mommy and with good reason. These people get paid very good money to take care of you during your pregnancy, that's their job - don't worry about asking them to do it! (Easier said than done I know, I hate to "bother" my doctor but, preeclampsia has helped me get over that [xx(])

Please keep us updated.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby pugmommy7 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 07:43 am

I seriously agree with Julie and Catherine.
I think you absolutely have to get high risk medical help as soon as possible.
I understand that your medical system is very different that what we are used to here in the states, BUT you must seek out the special help that you need.
And drop that nuisance stuff!!! You aren't one!!!!!
Keep us posted.
Love, Jennifer

Mama to Bella,1/02/03, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,& HELLP.
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04
pugmommy7

Postby kazbro » Fri Apr 16, 2004 00:23 am

hi ladies sorry i haven`t written back for a while. well i took your advice and saw the midwife she checked me all over and said that BP was still within normal limits but that eveything else indicated there could be a problem later on.
i`m stil having traces of protein but no plusses yet and she was concerned about my swelling, i am due to see the OB`S when im 22 weeks (i`m 19 weeks today) and she said we would keep to that date for now unless BP rises a lot and i was to rest as much as possible.
i`m seeing her every week for check ups for now, i did explain that i feel worse more at night and was concerned about the upper tummy pain but she just wants to monitor me for now. i`ll keep to this for now but if i get a really bad day i`ll just go see my GP for more advice.
i appreciated all the advice you have given me and a big thanks i`m sure i`ll be posting here lots more before this pregnancy is finished.
kaz xx

kaz 38
sons:
jamie 1991 35w/hip
antony 1993 36w/pe
karl 1995 36w/pe
dean 1997 37w
baby due 10th sept 2004
6 angel babies sleeping
kazbro

Return to Pregnant Again?