concern about the baby growth

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : concern about the baby growth

Postby heather j » Sun Sep 13, 638296 3:22 pm

Agreeing with the others, and from your post it sounds like they'll be checking growth again. That really is the best way to get the most accurate picture of growth trends; I had monthly growth scans with my last pregnancy. Hopefully, everything will be right on target at your next scan.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Sep 13, 638296 12:02 pm

If you are concerned go ahead and let your OB know and ask him why he isn't concerned. It is worth it to have peace of mind and not be left hanging for the next two weeks.

Take care.

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Sun Sep 13, 638296 11:18 am

I agree--my dr says they say "give or take a pound" which was accurate w/my son. At 36 weeks they said he'd be 6 pounds and he was 7.

I wouldn't worry too much about it until you get a couple of them back saying baby isn't growing right.

Hugs though--anytime there "could" be something wrong it is scary. Good luck.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 13, 638296 7:12 am

Hi Marlene,

I looked on a baby website and at 26 weeks "most" babies weigh around 1 pound and 2/3. So, it sounds like she is on par. However, let me just say that I AM NOT A DOCTOR. So, you should really take the advice of your Doctors/Health professionals.

Let me just say though that u/sounds are NOT an exact science. They told me that Meggie was 5 pds, 10 oz about 2 weeks before she was born and when she was born she was only 5 pds, 6 oz!! I was really shocked because I was expecting her to be about 6.5 pounds or so! So, take the u/sounds with a grain of salt and don't be afraid to let your Dr. know if you are worried or concerned.

Good luck!!

mrswhite28

concern about the baby growth

Postby mrswhite28 » Sun Sep 13, 638296 3:25 am

iam currently 26 weeks, I went for a ultrasound and my doctor told me that the baby has not grow much since last i saw them 4 weeks ago. my little girl weight 1 pound and 14 ounces. my doctor did no look 2 concern but because of my history she wants me to go back in 2 weeks for a check up.So fur no sign of PE or Hellp thank God. Should i be worried?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”