BP check today...updated

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jknutsen

Re : BP check today...updated

Postby jknutsen » Sun Jul 09, 638299 8:15 am

Thanks for the concern ladies....

No baby yet. The Labetalol seems to be helping my pressures stay down. I had a nurse visit yesterday and BP was 126/82 according to them. Trace protein on the dipstick and I'm about at 2cm dilated now. The nurse (she's wonderful!) ran everything by the doc and they decided to run labs again and I'm supposed to start another 24 hour urine Sunday and turn it in on Monday before my appt. She also set up a date for my induction in case things just keep plugging along like this. So, I have an induction scheduled for my due date July 1st at 7:30 am. Yay.....finally an end in sight. Of course, they are all hoping I go into labor on my own before then. So, technically at this point it's still considered PIH....no real protein yet. I'm just lucky that my doctor's office is pretty much on top of the situation.

Oh, the best part about my appt. yesterday was that they did a quick ultrasound to check my fluid levels. Fluid was great and she was doing the practice breathing. So, I know that she's probably just about ready......I know I am.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Sat Jun 17, 638299 1:17 pm

Hi Joyce,

I hope you are having a healthy baby by now, but wanted to let you know I just started Labetalol last week (at 34 weeks) and I'm taking 200 mg twice a day. I've definitely noticed that it makes me feel itchy (no allergic rash or anything), but my scalp gets all tingly and my arms, too, for the first hour or two after I take it. I don't know if it's a reaction to the drug or a reaction to the drug lowering my BP.

mada

Postby mada » Fri Jun 16, 638299 2:33 pm

Joyce...any news??? What's happening with you?

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat May 13, 638299 5:42 am

I hope that you are on your way to going into labor on your own and having this baby.

Take care and let us know how you are when you can.

jknutsen

Postby jknutsen » Fri May 12, 638299 7:23 pm

All is fine so far. BP was again 132/84 at the doc. 24 hr urine was only 216....good numbers. They did suggest I stop working so that's a plus. I'm doing okay though. Lost my plug (gross!) on Friday & been having contractions off & on, but nothing steady. I have another appt tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Sat Apr 08, 638299 4:59 am

How was your BP at the check today? 150/90 seems like a high number for home. Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait. I don't think you are being impatient, just realistic that your symptoms probably won't go away until the baby is born and you don't want to get any worse. Keep us posted.

jknutsen

BP check today...updated

Postby jknutsen » Fri Apr 07, 638299 8:32 pm

Alright, I know I don't post much anymore, but that is mostly due to my numb swollen fingers. Anyways, BP is creeping up slowly. It was 132/84 at the doc's on Monday after being 110/50 the entire pregnancy and I've got facial, hands & feet edema. They ran labs & my protein/creatinine ratio was high, so they ordered a 24 hour urine which I turned in last night. I go in today for a BP check with the nurse. Is is too much to hope that they'll send me to be induced soon? I'm 37w2d today. I'm miserable & ready to see my baby before things get worse. BP was 151/91 last night at home. I'm hoping they decide to induce since I've had nothing but erratic contractions & at last check (Mon) I was 1 cm dilated/50% effaced. Call me impatient....

Oh, liver enzymes were good so far and so was my CBC.
UPDATE:

Before my appt on Monday, BP at home was 165/100. At the doc's 162/82..on their check, 172/96 with my monitor. So, to the hospital we went. They decided to evaluate me for induction. BP at hospital was 154/101 before they had me lying at a 45 degree angle for almost 2 hours....of course it went down from there. Oh, and no protein on the dipstick at the hospital so they decided against a 24 hr urine until they got the results from the protein/creatinine ratio back.
Apparently, I was only dilated another 1/2cm & still 50% effaced, so they sent me home on Labetalol 100 mg twice? a day. I do not like this med at all. I don't remember it making me so groggy & jittery when I had it after I delivered Anton. Of course, I wasn't getting a whole lot of rest then. Anyone else have problems with adjusting to this med?

I go back tomorrow for another check with the nurse. We'll see what happens then.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”