Anxiety- tips for dealing

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
wrennie

Re : Anxiety- tips for dealing

Postby wrennie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 09:11 am

Su, i think its natural and normal for you to worry. I am worrying too. I am at 16 weeks now, and I am constantly worrying about the next appoinment. One of the things the nurse suggested, is that I could come in WHENEVER I WANT to hear the heart via doppler. Your too early now, but at the 12 week point you could ask to start doing that. I see my regular OB every 4 weeks and have checked the heart on the second week in between appointments. THis was very reassuring for me.

I dont have alot of pregnancy symptoms either, just a little more tired. SO it is difficult to feel pregnant and even feel secure in being pregnant. I am still in disbelief and at times its hard to hear myself say I am pregnant. I am so worried about the outcome. I have learned through my therapy to take lots of deep deep breaths. I find myself imagining the baby inside and what she/he is doing. Telling the baby that I love and want her/him. Tell the baby also that we need to be strong and positive and to let god take us through this. THat we will get to the other side and meet each other.

To sum it up, i really try to think "I can do nothing to change the outcome, take it one day at a time, eat healthy, continue working out, be happy and laugh". Good things come to those who wait and hopefully by next year we will have put in our time!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Aug 24, 2008 08:20 am

Su,
Two of mine I felt completely and totally pregnant. The other two, it took awhile to even figure it out:) So, don't let not feeling pregnant make you worry too much, if that makes any sense at all.

I think this forum is a great place to work out a lot of that anxiety. There are so many of us who have been there and are more than happy to be able to hold your hand through this journey!!

christyrenee86

Postby christyrenee86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 04:02 am

When I was pregnant with my loss, I worried constantly (I am also naturally a worry wart too!) I would drive myself crazy worring that something bad will happen. As for not worrying...there isnt really anything you can do. All I can reccommed is keeping your mind occupied. Ask your doctor to give you more appointments to ease your mind and if you do feel like you want to call the doctor then do so. It dont matter how sick of you he gets, its better to be safe then sorry, and I am sure he will understand with your loss. Also if you feel something is really wrong...make sure they know it!!!
I dont really know how I got through it, but I did somehow lol. The bad news is you still worry after the baby is born haha.
Also with my 2nd pregnancy I didnt feel pregnant at all, which confused me since I KNEW every second I was puking with my 1st lol, but everything turned out fine. I also had achy legs...not sure about the hand thing though lol.
Well I hope everything turns out fine for you and you get you a healthy beautifl baby! Good luck!

suleaf

Anxiety- tips for dealing

Postby suleaf » Sun Aug 24, 2008 03:52 am

Now that the euphoria of the BFP has settled a bit, the nail biting, insomnia inducing anxiety has begun.... I worry a lot. I try not to, keep myself as busy as I can during the day, but I worry.

I track my pregnancy symptoms- the few I have- and worry if they seem to decrease. I worry over the fact that I really don't have too many pregnancy symptoms and they're still there but lesser. I worry over what the dr will say and my treatment plan. I worry over the first ultrasound and what if I see bad news... I just worry over silly, stupid in the future stuff but mostly I am concerned because I don't FEEL that pregnant minus slightly sore breasts, manageable fatigue and achy legs and hands... (and is the achy legs and hands a normal thing???)

I know this is bad. I'm a natural worry wart anyway. But I also know because of everything, this is probably fairly normal.

How did you all get through this? Tips, suggestions, advice? I want to call the dr CONSTANTLY and I know he's going to be so sick of me....

Return to “Pregnant Again?”